Yep. I had a Defender on my 4s and now my 5. Removed the built in screen protector pretty much straight away.

However, I always put another one on, just in case. Now using an SGP Clear on my 5.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    +1

We always remove the Otterbox built-in screen protector because it is less responsive and plasticky.

We use Bodyguardz Pure glass screen protectors and love them.
    mbar9607 likes this.
    07-12-2014 02:57 PM
    I take the Defender screen protector off first thing since I can't stand the feel. I have a heavy duty screen protector on my 5s from Zagg.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    mbar9607 likes this.
    07-12-2014 04:22 PM
    I wouldnt. There is a small gap between the case and the iPhone when you remove the cover and all sorts of dust and crap get caught in between. Get a LP Nuud if you want no screen protection.
    07-16-2014 05:13 PM
    Question though Otterbox is a top brand case why are they not in apple stores ?
    So they can sell you one of their own brands ?
    08-03-2014 09:14 PM
    EVERY Defender case I've ever bought, it comes out of the box and the first thing i do is rip that nasty built in screen protector out. Ive always used a glass screen protector anyway and it doesn't affect the case at all.
    LVMHgirl and mbar9607 like this.
    08-08-2014 09:31 PM
    EVERY Defender case I've ever bought, it comes out of the box and the first thing i do is rip that nasty built in screen protector out. Ive always used a glass screen protector anyway and it doesn't affect the case at all.
    +1
    09-01-2014 09:29 PM
    On some of those for the 5c, the protective screen does not lie flush with the phone's screen. I just got one like that from Verizon. They're now out of stock, so I called Otter. They're sending me a replacement for free. I'll send the defective one back to Verizon. They're not all like that. That's part of the problem because of the gap between the protective screen and the phone's screen. But also because of the cut out hole in the protective screen for the home button. If you can return it, I'd do so and call Otter. They'll help you.
    09-19-2014 12:47 PM
    I was wondering if anyone has a screen protector and a defender otter box on there phone and do they have any issues
    07-06-2015 08:24 PM
    I was wondering if anyone has a screen protector and a defender otter box on there phone and do they have any issues
    My cousin removed the built in screen on his Defender and put in a glass screen protector. Doesn't fit well on the edges. But works ok. I'm going to use the Defender on my 6s Plus. If the built in screen does not lie flush, I'll do the same.
    07-06-2015 11:20 PM
    just throwing this out there. its not huge improvement but i got basic black one at walmart. the packaging seemed lil more how can i say different then the typical packages like new design etc. to me its not huge improvement but the protector seems have less of a gap as the defender i had when i got my 6 at launch
    07-13-2015 12:03 AM
    i have a defender otter box I don't like the screen protector I have one on my phone at all times even when I don't have the otter box on. I want to take the screen protector off the otter box but not sure if it effects the way the otter box protects the phone from impact. Does anyone know?
    07-26-2016 10:18 PM
    It does help protect the screen from scratches and nicks. You use a screen protector under the Otterbox screen? Why? If the Otterbox screen protector lies flush with the phone's screen, just use that. If it doesn't, then remove the built in from the case. It won't have any affect on the case and the protection it affords. If it fits well, I would much rather use the built in screen.
    07-27-2016 12:21 AM
    I use a screen protector, when I use my other cases and I don't take it off when I use the otter box. The otter box screen protector don't fit that well and when ever I'm using it I have to press extra hard Bc the otter box screen protector don't fit snug to my iPhone screen. So I wanted to take the otter box screen protector off, so I use the case to protect my phone from breaking, Bc as of rn I'm not using it.
    07-28-2016 11:29 PM
    I use a screen protector, when I use my other cases and I don't take it off when I use the otter box. The otter box screen protector don't fit that well and when ever I'm using it I have to press extra hard Bc the otter box screen protector don't fit snug to my iPhone screen. So I wanted to take the otter box screen protector off, so I use the case to protect my phone from breaking, Bc as of rn I'm not using it.
    Unfortunately, some are like that. You could contact Otter, and they will replace it. But if you're using other cases, you might just remove the built in screen.
    07-30-2016 08:53 AM
    on all the defender cases ive owned since the iphone 4 ive punched out the built in one and used 3rd party ones and id tell anyone to do the same thing.
    08-09-2016 07:48 AM
65 123