My kingdom for a DOCK!

2oh1

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I owned this dock for my iPhone 4. It was great to have a small charging/syncing dock at my desk since that's where I spend so much time, and it worked with Apple's bumper. Awesome.

I want something similar for my iPhone 5 - a small cradle/charger/dock, but I need it to work with a case that's quite slim. Does anything like that exist yet?

m_015055389651.jpg

2oh1

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Can you stick the lightning connector in there ?

Not a chance. My previous dock was specifically made for an iPhone 4 or 4S with an Apple bumper. It was a perfect fit. That's fine. I don't mind buying a new dock for my new iPhone. I just hope 3rd party manufacturers start releasing them soon! I loved being able to pop my iPhone into that dock on my desk and have it charged up and ready to go.

...by the way... if you happen to have a 4 or 4S and a bumper case, that Kidigi dock in the pic above is superb.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to have a dock that would allow me to have my Otterbox or Ballistics case on the phone and be able to dock rather than having to take the case off to dock it.

Taking off the Ballistics case repeatedly isn't a problem, but the more I take off my Defender, the more the silicone stretches.

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I am using Konnet's Crado Plus KONNET | Docking | iCrado Plus for my iPhone 5 with Defender case still on it. It was made for the larger connector, but it still works with the lightning one (I just wrapped the cord around the bottom twice so it wouldn't move) Love it and they say they will be coming out with one for the iPhone 5 soon.

2oh1

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Robin, that looks really cool. Does it really have a metal bottom though, or is there something under the base to prevent it from scratching the top of a desk?

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
Robin, that looks really cool. Does it really have a metal bottom though, or is there something under the base to prevent it from scratching the top of a desk?

Mine has a tiny anti- skid strip that I think is rubber.

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Not a chance. My previous dock was specifically made for an iPhone 4 or 4S with an Apple bumper. It was a perfect fit. That's fine. I don't mind buying a new dock for my new iPhone. I just hope 3rd party manufacturers start releasing them soon! I loved being able to pop my iPhone into that dock on my desk and have it charged up and ready to go.

...by the way... if you happen to have a 4 or 4S and a bumper case, that Kidigi dock in the pic above is superb.

Why do you say not a chance. I have not personally seen the size of the adapter, but usually apple does not make products that much different in size to the product it fits into.
The i5 is thinner than the 4 so if the adapter is a little thicker than the 5, then it should fit

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Would love to see pics and find out where u

Here you go:

DSC01267.jpg

DSC01266.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads