What case are you sporting on your iPhone 5, if any?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greasyg2006

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have tried three cases so far, the Griffin Reveal, a case from a Cellairis kiosk (I quickly returned it) and finally, the Speck Candyshell grip. I am currently using the latter and I really do like it. What cases are you using, if any?

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I have tried three .. First, on launch day I purchased the Speck Candyshell .. It felt cheap to me, and I didn't like it very much. I went to Best Buy and got a clear TPU case by RocketFish. I like that one very much, it's my minimalist case. Since it's clear, I can show off the iPhone 5 and it's not bulky at all, but will protect sides and back from being scratched. Finally, I went back to AT&T and returned the Speck to exchange for an OtterBox Defender (only paid a $9.74 difference). The OtterBox is awesome, much better than previous model Defenders, the silicon/rubber is very smooth and doesn't collect lint like previous models. The bezel around the screen is pretty high, so typing with it on takes some getting used to, but it's definitely very sleek (for an OtterBox) and it's the case I'm using 90% of the time now.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
I have tried three .. First, on launch day I purchased the Speck Candyshell .. It felt cheap to me, and I didn't like it very much. I went to Best Buy and got a clear TPU case by RocketFish. I like that one very much, it's my minimalist case. Since it's clear, I can show off the iPhone 5 and it's not bulky at all, but will protect sides and back from being scratched. Finally, I went back to AT&T and returned the Speck to exchange for an OtterBox Defender (only paid a $9.74 difference). The OtterBox is awesome, much better than previous model Defenders, the silicon/rubber is very smooth and doesn't collect lint like previous models. The bezel around the screen is pretty high, so typing with it on takes some getting used to, but it's definitely very sleek (for an OtterBox) and it's the case I'm using 90% of the time now.

I know longer worry about bulk for cases..so the otterbox would be fine except I don't want to cover the back with something not clear. I am between the clear rocketfish or griffin reveal. I get my phone tomorrow.

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I know longer worry about bulk for cases..so the otterbox would be fine except I don't want to cover the back with something not clear. I am between the clear rocketfish or griffin reveal. I get my phone tomorrow.

Yeah, covering the back is something I definitely didn't want to do either. I've been using the clear RocketFish one for more relaxed times, but the OtterBox for work or when I'm out doing something that's keeping me busy and I don't want to worry about being delicate with my iPhone. But when I'm home, or hanging out socially, it's definitely the clear one.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just got a Speck candyshell case! I love it..... I hate to cover that back but you get the protection and its a sleek look. I got the black to match the phone.

Mayhew66

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Seidio Surface case. I've had one on every smartphone. I was going to carry it naked, but "scratchgate" has me worried. I'm obsessive about my hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW