Looking for an iPhone 5 Case ... very picky!

animepunk2103

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I am kind of super picky when it comes to iPhone cases ... the one that I absolutely loved on my iPhone 4 was the Quattro4 from Ivyskin(The best selection of Smart cases, and accessories for iPhone 4 / 4S and iPad 2 Quattro 4 iPhone 4 Case Only at IvySkin USA SmartCase? store) I specifically like the piece of glass that covers the front.

I really hate the big bulky Otterboxes and the stupid little plastic stickon screen covers. I want a full body case that is slim, made of a hard plastic(not rubbery), and preferably with a glass or plastic screen cover. I have contacted Ivyskin and they said they are working on new cases for the iPhone 5 but I was wondering if anyone else out there has found something similar to what i want?

Thanks for any help!

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Griffin Elan was an awesome case for my 4S... not sure they have a 5 version yet... I'm using an Otterbox Defender on my 5 so far liking it

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat my friend. Absolutely cannot stand otter box, or really any TPU cases. I want something hard like metal/glass that's minimalistic yet offers a tiny bumper for screen protection as well. Apparently that doesn't exist. I'm looking at the mophie juice pack air as of right now. I do like the Ivy skin as well, I'll be looking out for the 5 version. For now I'm just rolling naked!

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Speck Candyshell and to my surprise I actually really like it. I am one that usually gets the thinnest cases possible.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I am patiently waiting on Lifeproof to release their case for the Five. I have one on my Four and LOVE it!

Not as bulky as the Otterbox but offers awesome protection!

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I am patiently waiting on Lifeproof to release their case for the Five. I have one on my Four and LOVE it!

Not as bulky as the Otterbox but offers awesome protection!

I'm with you but for me it is a race between Lifeproof and Taktik. I'm torn between the trade offs. Lifeproof is submersible. The only thing I did not like was how the plastic screen is easily scratched. Enter Taktik with Gorilla Glass. This case is absolutely sick! Its built like a tank! I've decided I will get which ever one releases first. Secretly I'm hoping its Taktik.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I returned my otterbox today although it has improved 2 reasons made me

One dust an dirt kept building up over the camera area and the ear speaker on the front .. More just me being picky and not wanting to see it

And second was the edges made it hard for me to type especially letters on the edge of the screen .. This is just me thou I'm sure
But I did like the over all protection

I ended up getting a slim belkin candy shell so far I like it simple and I like touching the actual screen .. never really been a fan of screen protectors and never have had a scratch

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you but for me it is a race between Lifeproof and Taktik. I'm torn between the trade offs. Lifeproof is submersible. The only thing I did not like was how the plastic screen is easily scratched. Enter Taktik with Gorilla Glass. This case is absolutely sick! Its built like a tank! I've decided I will get which ever one releases first. Secretly I'm hoping its Taktik.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Wow! I had not seen the Taktik before! I think it is a bit too big for me, but it does look great. Wonder why Lifeproof can't do the gorilla glass instead of that plastic?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I want something hard like metal/glass that's minimalistic yet offers a tiny bumper for screen protection as well. Apparently that doesn't exist.

have a look at the Gear4 Thin Ice case. It's hard clear plastic with a thin lip. It really doesn't obscure the beautiful linbes of the phone and it adds a little bit of protection to it. I have one and love it, although I am in need of something a bit more rugged too.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I'm waiting for Vaja to make an iPhone 5 case. I've had a Vaja for every iPhone and I love them.

Last one I got, though, did have a problem. If you get one do not get the ones with different colored stripes. Over time the leather does dry and shrink(this happened at about 1 1/2 years) and the leather seperated at the stripes. I still kept the case for another 6 months before I decided to roll naked with my IPhone 4, so i definitely got
My money's worth. This time I'll be buying a Vaja case that is a solid color, like the one I had for the 3GS. That one lasted till I got the 4.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
have a look at the Gear4 Thin Ice case. It's hard clear plastic with a thin lip. It really doesn't obscure the beautiful linbes of the phone and it adds a little bit of protection to it. I have one and love it, although I am in need of something a bit more rugged too.

Hmm the thin ice case doesn't have a lip protecting the screen, only the sides of the phone. But I do like the icebox edge though!! Thanks man! I'll be looking out for this case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711