Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

Default Griffin reveal

I should be picking up my 32 black/slate tomorrow...finally. With all of the scratch issues, and despite buying a bumper already, I'm thinking the reveal is what I need to protect the back but to enjoy the good looks.
    My question, anyone but the reveal for the 5 and have feedback?
    Thanks.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Griffin reveal

Was looking at the reveal. Can't find black available on their website. Saw it in Best buy but of course they were charging to much for it. I am getting the Belkin view case for iPhone 5. Same thing, just from Belkin.
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

Default Re: Griffin reveal

Griffin reveal-photo-9-22-12-10.19-pm.jpgGriffin reveal-photo-9-25-12-9.30-pm.jpgGriffin reveal-photo-9-25-12-9.30-pm-2.jpgGriffin reveal-photo-9-25-12-9.30-pm-3.jpg

copped myself a Griffin Reveal at best buy for $33 w/tax -___- overpriced, so i ordered online Griffin for 19.99 and free shipping with discount code iphone5.
    once it comes in the mail, i'm returning the one i bought at best buy. freakin $13 dollar save.

the only bad thing about it would be the silicone lining which really sticks in your pocket. i'm always in jeans so it's a lint grabber. other than that, i love the reveal case, showing off my iphone
    iPhone [sold] 8GB
    iPhone 3G [sold] 8GB
    iPhone 3GS [sold] 16GB

iPhone 4 black 16GB
    iPhone 4 white 16GB
    iPhone 4S [sold] white 16GB
    iPad 64GB
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

Default Griffin reveal

Quote Originally Posted by emozdashietxp View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo on 9-22-12 at 10.19 PM.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	19739Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo on 9-25-12 at 9.30 PM.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	19740Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo on 9-25-12 at 9.30 PM #2.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	19741Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo on 9-25-12 at 9.30 PM #3.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	138.0 KB 
ID:	19742

copped myself a Griffin Reveal at best buy for $33 w/tax -___- overpriced, so i ordered online Griffin for 19.99 and free shipping with discount code iphone5.
    once it comes in the mail, i'm returning the one i bought at best buy. freakin $13 dollar save.

the only bad thing about it would be the silicone lining which really sticks in your pocket. i'm always in jeans so it's a lint grabber. other than that, i love the reveal case, showing off my iphone
    Looks like it does the trick...and will let me get the black and slate and not worry about scratches. I go back and forth on slick vs sticky backing....there are pros and cons.
    Gracias
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Griffin reveal

Careful taking the phone out of this case. I wanted to remove a speck of lint and I guess I angled it wrong and the sharp bottom edge of the phone scratched and scuffed the inside of the clear back of this case thoroughly. Went back to Best Buy to purchase a replacement and they were sold out of white. Good luck.
    Rew001's Smartphone History: Tmo Dash ---> Blackberry Curve ---> Blackberry Storm ---> iPhone 3GS ---> Droid Incredible ---> Droid X ---> Galaxy Nexus ---> iPhone 5 ---> Galaxy S4 ---> iPhone 5S
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,141 Global Posts

Default Griffin reveal

I have the black Griffin case and its okay. I used it for an hour and took it off. Shoot me a message and ill send it to you if you pay shipping.
    Follow me on Instagram @therealmarkhunsaker
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,525 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.0.1

First thing, don't buy it from Best Buy. Verizon had it the cheapest that I've seen, at $24.99. It is a nice, thin case, that shows off the back of the phone. The problem is, as was mentioned earlier in this thread, the clear part of the case scuffs easily. Other than that, it's fine. I just wanted it because I wanted a measure of protection, but the most minimalistic possible, showing as much of the phone as possible.
    -I don't know who u are, I don't know what u want. If u are looking for a ransom, I can tell u I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills that I have acquired over the course of watching Chuck Norris in Walker, Texas Ranger, skills that make me a nightmare for people like u.

-I am not Neo, But I am still the One.

http://i44.tinypic.com/v6roqw.gif
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

I already took it back and went with a Speck Candyshell in white. I had the case for 1 day, and the clear part was already scratched bad. And all I do with my phone is set it on my desk or put it in my pocket. I was also weary that the back would start breaking away after I removed the phone from the case a few times. Didn't feel super sturdy....just my 2 cents though.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    iOS Version

What color Speck did you get? I picked up the white/charcoal and also picked up the clear TPU case by Rocketfish. This one....

I thought about the Reveal but didn't think it was worth it.
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

Default Griffin reveal

Quote Originally Posted by Icyhot1966 View Post
    What color Speck did you get? I picked up the white/charcoal and also picked up the clear TPU case by Rocketfish. This one....

I thought about the Reveal but didn't think it was worth it.
    This case seems to do the same thing..offer clear protection for the back. Pro's and con's?
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I've only had it a day but so far so good.

Global Posts
    1,291 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.0.4

I looked at the Reveal but bought a Gear4 Thin Ice instead. It's completely clear. no colour on it at all.

It's the UK Amazon but i'm sure you can get the case in the USA.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

I like the Griffin Reveal case you just linked with the rubber bumper.
    One of those with a crystal clear smooth as glass screen protector would do nicely.
    iPhone Nanite

I have the Revel and it scratches way to easily. I am going to see if Best Buy will take it back tomorrow.
    iPhone Newbie

If you order from the griffin website and you use the code "THANKS20" you'll get 20% off any order(expires 9/30).