Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 103
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #51  
    LSglock89's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    410 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by chippy19977 View Post
    So I tried a new Defender and the new one doesn't seem to make marks like the first one I bought. But I couldn't stand the "oil slick" the built in screen protector caused. I put on a Power Support HD anti glare film on and then the Defender and now it's perfect. No more oil slick/rainbow effect.
    Yes I have the newest one...and it seems okay. But the rainbow effect sucks too.
    [FONT=Garamond]iPhone 4 32GB Black, 2012 MBP 13" i5/FONT]
  2. #52  
    dfb8085's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    808 Global Posts

    Default Re: OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    Mine is doing the same thing when i put it in the belt clip screen in. It has wrinkled the rubber around the slot where the belt clip is suppose to catch on the harder inside case. I also have some rainbowing at times but in spots. i don't know what causes it or if its hurting anything with the screen. i took it apart one time thinking it needed cleaning but it did the same thing again. How do I get in touch with otterbox and see if they can do anything for me?

    Thanks
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #53  
    LSglock89's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    410 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Re: OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by dfb8085 View Post
    Mine is doing the same thing when i put it in the belt clip screen in. It has wrinkled the rubber around the slot where the belt clip is suppose to catch on the harder inside case. I also have some rainbowing at times but in spots. i don't know what causes it or if its hurting anything with the screen. i took it apart one time thinking it needed cleaning but it did the same thing again. How do I get in touch with otterbox and see if they can do anything for me?

    Thanks


    Give this link a try.
    [FONT=Garamond]iPhone 4 32GB Black, 2012 MBP 13" i5/FONT]
  4. #54  
    dfb8085's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    808 Global Posts

    Default Re: OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    Well I bought mine from amazon and i sent otterbox a note just now to see what if anything they will do for me. I have till january 31 to return to amazon. we will see
  5. #55  
    dfb8085's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    808 Global Posts

    Default Re: OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    i filled out the note on the website with all the requested info. Will that suffice ? hopefully that will respond to me
  6. #56  
    dfb8085's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    808 Global Posts

    Default Re: OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by LSglock89 View Post


    Give this link a try.
    i filled out the note on the website with all the requested info. Will that suffice ? hopefully that will respond to me
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #57  
    LSglock89's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    410 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by dfb8085 View Post
    i filled out the note on the website with all the requested info. Will that suffice ? hopefully that will respond to me
    Usually takes a couple days but I have had good luck with then responding via that contact form.
    [FONT=Garamond]iPhone 4 32GB Black, 2012 MBP 13" i5/FONT]
  8. #58  
    dfb8085's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    808 Global Posts

    Default Re: OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    I purchased the otterbox defender for the iPhone 5 and I was ok with it at first. After a couple of days the rubber where the belt clip fit over begin to wrinkle up and made it impossible to use it with the belt clip. The little thin piece of rubber eventually broke into and so I ended up with 2 loose ends flapping. Anyway I must say that the otter box customer service was top notch and offered to replacement with no questions asked. That being said after I had the chance to see,touch feel some friends otterbox cases for their model 4 and 4s I could not believe how much the quality of material and workmanship of the case for the iPhone 5 had diminished from their cases for previous model iPhones. Once I saw how loose fitting and degrade of material I opted to return it to place of purchase for a refund. I didn't think a replacement would be any better at this time. I have put a Incipio on it for now but thats just till I find something better. It pains me to have to say this about the otterbox but its the truth. I hope they start making a different case for the iphone 5 that will get back to the quality they had before.
  9. #59  
    roll-tide's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    377 Posts
    Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

    Default OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by dfb8085 View Post
    That being said after I had the chance to see,touch feel some friends otterbox cases for their model 4 and 4s I could not believe how much the quality of material and workmanship of the case for the iPhone 5 had diminished from their cases for previous model iPhones. .
    Really? I mean, I'm no huge fan of otterbox by any means but you are probably about the only person with that opinion. Lol. The new cases are decent to me where the older ones were complete crap IMO. I still think the defender is the most over hyped case out there though. How can a case that is supposedly the most protective out there in many people's opinion really "protect" the phone and have hard plastic with sharp edges right up against the surface of the screen?? Makes no sense to me, but people keep buying em up
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #60  
    LSglock89's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    410 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by roll-tide View Post
    Really? I mean, I'm no huge fan of otterbox by any means but you are probably about the only person with that opinion. Lol. The new cases are decent to me where the older ones were complete crap IMO. I still think the defender is the most over hyped case out there though. How can a case that is supposedly the most protective out there in many people's opinion really "protect" the phone and have hard plastic with sharp edges right up against the surface of the screen?? Makes no sense to me, but people keep buying em up
    Yeah that surprises me...I'd say this case is the best in terms of quality...EXCEPT for the issue I had. My friend has one for the 4S and the silicone has all pulled away etc. The silicone now is a lot more rigid now.
    [FONT=Garamond]iPhone 4 32GB Black, 2012 MBP 13" i5/FONT]
  11. #61  
    kilcher's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

    Default Re: OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    I was going to say the same thing as the 2 above. I feel the materials for the 5 (and the case itself) are greatly improved from the 4/4S. And that's pretty much what I've read everywhere else.

    If you don't like it though get something you like, you're the one that has to live with it.
    Follow me on the Twitter - @_jorts
  12. #62  
    JSuss's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    I love my otterbox defender for its utility and ruggedness. However it does not allow use of the flash adapter to convert the flash plug to 32 pin. This is a real pain when I want to use my phone with my iPod iPhone car interface. Also the bottom cover does attenuate the sound significantly when using it as a speaker phone.
  13. #63  
    jerome g's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    210 Posts

    Default OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    They do make some 3rd party adapters with a cable
  14. #64  
    kilcher's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

    Default Re: OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    FYI - Amazon has some awesome deals on OtterBox Defenders for iPhone 5. Black for $16.50. All other colors in the $17-21 range. Plus free shipping if you go over $25.00.

    Here's a link to the black...http://www.amazon.com/OtterBox-Defen...e&tag=imore-20
    Last edited by kilcher; 12-13-2012 at 11:55 AM.
    Follow me on the Twitter - @_jorts
  15. #65  
    iLive an iLife's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    695 Posts
    Global Posts
    803 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Re: OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by kilcher View Post
    FYI - Amazon has some awesome deals on OtterBox Defenders for iPhone 5. Black for $16.50. All other colors in the $17-21 range. Plus free shipping if you go over $25.00.

    Here's a link to the black...Amazon.com: OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPhone 5 - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    None of those cases are actually sold by Amazon (only fulfilled). There's a good chance those cases are fakes...
    Just remember, everything happens for a reason...

    If you found my post helpful, feel free to click "Thanks!"
  16. #66  
    cwbcpa's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    273 Posts
    Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

    Default OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by iLive an iLife View Post
    None of those cases are actually sold by Amazon (only fulfilled). There's a good chance those cases are fakes...
    You can get one for about $25 that is sold and shipped by amazon. Definitely check out where it is coming from before buying.
  17. #67  
    ahmadibrahim666's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    Hi guys. I'm wondering which case to get. I need some feedbacks/comments whether the otterbox defender 5 or the lifeproof is way way better?
    Thanks.
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #68  
    LSglock89's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    410 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadibrahim666 View Post
    Hi guys. I'm wondering which case to get. I need some feedbacks/comments whether the otterbox defender 5 or the lifeproof is way way better?
    Thanks.
    Do you need protection from water? I'd say that is the biggest question. There have been complaints about both cases overall.

    The replacement I got from Otterbox was better...it didn't have raised edges, but I only used it for a day and its now collecting dust in my drawer. I am now using the Otterbox Commuter.
    [FONT=Garamond]iPhone 4 32GB Black, 2012 MBP 13" i5/FONT]
  19. #69  
    mumfoau's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,078 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    I've got the Glacier Defender on my 5 and it's really good. Don't have the rainbow effect because I always pop out the built in screen protector and apply a power support anti-glare hd directly to the phone's screen. That is a nice setup. Now, I do intend to swing by Target today an pick up a white candyshell. Just scared that even with the 5 version there'll be some eraser effect.

    *EDIT*

    Funny thing is, after posted this is shook my case and I could feel the 5 move some. I think I read about that previously. Having the phone move in the case can't be good. 😔


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
  20. #70  
    jrdfox's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

    Default OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    I have the life proof case and love it! The first batches I think they had problems with hearing, no problems with mine
  21. #71  
    roll-tide's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    377 Posts
    Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

    Default OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by mistah_mumford View Post
    I've got the Glacier Defender on my 5 and it's really good. Don't have the rainbow effect because I always pop out the built in screen protector and apply a power support anti-glare hd directly to the phone's screen. That is a nice setup. Now, I do intend to swing by Target today an pick up a white candyshell. Just scared that even with the 5 version there'll be some eraser effect.

    *EDIT*

    Funny thing is, after posted this is shook my case and I could feel the 5 move some. I think I read about that previously. Having the phone move in the case can't be good. 😔


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    And there ya go...most protective case? Lol. Maybe not. I have grown to really dislike otterbox defender cases...a little over rated to me
  22. #72  
    mumfoau's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,078 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    I just hope this candyshell I just picked up doesn't give the eraser effect. I love candyshells! White on white is nice!!


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
  23. #73  
    roll-tide's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    377 Posts
    Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

    Default OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by mistah_mumford View Post
    I just hope this candyshell I just picked up doesn't give the eraser effect. I love candyshells! White on white is nice!!


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    I don't think I've heard of the eraser effect...but I've had candyshells and they're nice. I've had black and white, and the black I actually modified to look sort of like a dark brushed aluminum. I used a sanding sponge that was wet and then a scrubbing sponge (for dishes) to smooth it out a little. Looked really good in the end and wasn't nearly as prone to scratches or fingerprints.
  24. #74  
    mumfoau's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,078 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    Quote Originally Posted by roll-tide View Post
    I don't think I've heard of the eraser effect...but I've had candyshells and they're nice. I've had black and white, and the black I actually modified to look sort of like a dark brushed aluminum. I used a sanding sponge that was wet and then a scrubbing sponge (for dishes) to smooth it out a little. Looked really good in the end and wasn't nearly as prone to scratches or fingerprints.
    Hmmm, doesn't sound like a bad mod.


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
  25. #75  
    dfb8085's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    187 Posts
    Global Posts
    808 Global Posts

    Default Re: OtterBox Defender Series iPhone 5 Review

    I have been in communication with otter box over the last few days. They claim to have made some improvements to the fit and feel of the defender series for the Iphone 5. My complaint was that the little rubber piece where the bely clip goes broke into and the rubber got loose and would wrinkle up. All this happen after only about 2 weeks. They say there has been am improvement to the beltclip as well. What I don't know but was thinking of giving it another try but still not sure. The rubber used on the Iphone 5 case i so different from what was used in the 4 or 4s that it is not even close. Also had the rainbow effect on the screen with the case on. I just didn't like it all. I wish I could find someone who has one manufactured in the last few weeks or so to get a report.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Case Review: Otterbox Defender for iPhone4
    By msbaylor in forum Accessories
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-29-2011, 12:39 AM
  2. Otterbox Defender Series for iPad my thoughts
    By Dres79 in forum Original iPad
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 11:21 PM
  3. F/S: Otterbox Defender Series For iPhone 3G|s| 3G
    By Hack-My-I in forum Marketplace Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-13-2010, 12:50 PM
  4. Video Review: Otterbox Defender Case for iPhone
    By Guzman in forum Accessories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 05:10 AM
  5. 3GS Otterbox Defender Series Case Updated
    By Wiltron in forum Accessories
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-19-2010, 12:10 PM

Posting Permissions