ZAGG InvisibleShield Extreme

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I don't know about the extreme but I had an HD put on at the mall the other day (just to try it) an so far it looks pretty good and doesn't feel sticky like the older ones did.

I say just to try it because I usually use SGP protectors which I love and have for the iPhone 5 but figured I'd try the HD zagg.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Buy it if you want it...i think they are a waste, but that's just my opinion. Of all the iPhone's that have come out thus far, i guess the best argument could be made for the rear aluminum panel to cover it with one of these if you're paranoid of scratches. I had this stuff on my Macbook Pro when i first bought this most recent one and took it off a few months later because i simply don't like the texture of it or the way it peeled on the edges.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
SeanHRCC - do you use your device completely naked? After a few months any scratches on the screen?

I've never used a screen protector...and only rarely use a case (i hate them, even the small ones). The only screen damage I've ever had was on my 3GS, and it was because i put it in my pocket with a loaded clip from my 40cal. during a qualifying session and it crushed against it one i went down on a knee (the scratch was about the size of your pinkie finger nail in length, and it literally never bothered me unless i looked for it). Other than that obvious brain failure i had, all of my iPhones have been without screen protection and were all perfect when i sold them to the next guy when i upgraded (knock on wood).

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I've never used a screen protector...and only rarely use a case (i hate them, even the small ones). The only screen damage I've ever had was on my 3GS, and it was because i put it in my pocket with a loaded clip from my 40cal. during a qualifying session and it crushed against it one i went down on a knee (the scratch was about the size of your pinkie finger nail in length, and it literally never bothered me unless i looked for it). Other than that obvious brain failure i had, all of my iPhones have been without screen protection and were all perfect when i sold them to the next guy when i upgraded (knock on wood).

Thanks for your help/feedback! Appreciate it!

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I had a chromatic phantom skin on my old phone. I ordered a slick wraps glow body skin for my 5. Imo the full body skin increases grip moreover than actually protecting the phone from anything. I found a site which sells a hybid skin /case. Adaptation LA has these gel skins which are 2mm thick and look to increase grip, provide very minimal front and back protection and glow in the dark. Cant use those with a case though and look a bit cheesy. Ill use my slickwrap for a while then may try out an adaptation la skin.

jtexans

May 25, 2012
Visit site
If you have Best Buy install the Extreme Zagg, MAKE SURE they use the right solution. Best Buy was using the wrong solution the 1st couple of days on the iP5 b/c Zagg sent them the wrong one. The HD and Extreme solutions are completely diff't.

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Waist of money it's cut to short on all sides and it is super thick I'm only using till sgp ultra crystal come in next week

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Waist of money it's cut to short on all sides and it is super thick I'm only using till sgp ultra crystal come in next week

It is short on all sides because it is "case friendly". With the older Zagg's, they covered the whole front and if you tried to put a case on the phone it would either not fit because the Zagg was too thick or the case would lift the corner of the Zagg and end up peeling it off. Therefore, most of the Zagg skins now come in a "case friendly" version as well as the full version. Just be sure to pick up the one you want to fit the coverage you want.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox