New EarPods

Quarks_

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Just getting to grips with my iPhone 5, very impressed with the new EarPods. Far better range, comfortable fit and I like the bottom jack position.

volsfan0911

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
:eek: that'll be a very pleasant surprise! I'm looking forward to them then because I considered the previous Apple ear buds disposable at best. Love my Ety's with custom ear molds - but I fly a LOT so the noise isolation is a must for me. Killer sound doesn't suck either ;)

Matchoo

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
The ear pods are definitely 10000 better than the previous generation earbuds, but still no match for a nice pair.

That being said, for what they are, they're amazing

lucifermstar

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
Why no black EarPods???

I don't think this question has been asked - But why can't Apple match up the colour of all the cables, including EarPods?

I have a gorgeous stealth black iPhone, with horrible white cables.
They clash so much!! I appreciate that the cable is "iconic", but really!!

That's why I'll stick to my Sony ones.

Dev from tipb

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I like the sound of the earpods, but hate the new jack position. It interferes with the way I like to hold the phone, and, if you are listening while plugged in, you can hear interference, at least mine does. (Can anybody confirm? Easiest way is to put headphones on without playing anything, plug phone into charger, and start scrolling the screen around. I hear an electrical pulse with each screen movement.)

Starcrane

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone experiencing problems with connection. New earbuds when I turn the jack gives me static unequal balance in each ear. I have to turn until it stops. Tested old buds on iPhone 5 and no interference even when turning jack. Of course they don't sound as good but this was concerning to me.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I like the sound of the earpods, but hate the new jack position. It interferes with the way I like to hold the phone, and, if you are listening while plugged in, you can hear interference, at least mine does. (Can anybody confirm? Easiest way is to put headphones on without playing anything, plug phone into charger, and start scrolling the screen around. I hear an electrical pulse with each screen movement.)

Yeah, I noticed the new jack position is a bit annoying if you wear a hip holster on the right side. You have to turn the phone to face you with the bottom forward if you want the cable in the same position. You have to have the cable in back if you want the phone facing out. Which means anything you brush against in passing can easily pull out the headphone jack...

Electric pulses, I'm not hearing it with my Shure headphones or Earpods. However, I did notice scratchy sounds when I jiggled the plug on the Earpods to unplug them (doesn't happen on my Shure's).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77