iPhone 5 cases available on Sept 21?

infty

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I know there are a bunch of cheap partial covers for the iPhone 5 available. But does anyone know of a complete cover the for iPhone 5 a la Otterbox or Lifeproof style (complete cover including screen) that will be available on Sept 21?

infty

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Otter box has their defender cases on their website. But nothing on availablility.

I called Otterbox and what the person I spoke to said that they planned to send their cases on the 21st to those who pre-ordered (so they should bet them in 4 or 5 days) and about two weeks later to retailers. I don't want have a naked iPhone for 2 weeks.

BenGillam

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
I bought a cheapie gel case on eBay for ?3 probably based on the leaked models or what was at ifa. Hope it fits and will see me through a week or two will I get something good and permanent

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Ordered my Otterbox Defender the other day. Said it would ship on 21st. That's OK with me as I am not due to get my iPhone until 1st October.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I'm thinking there will be some cases at retail stores at launch, but (guessing) cases like life proof will take a few weeks. I'm interested how life proof will handle the charging door now. I know it will be similar, but could be a lot smaller.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
For those of you that may be interested, I was in a Verizon corporate store earlier this evening and they had a small selection of iPhone 5 cases available already. If you have one in your area, you could call them to see if the store in your area has them also before heading down to purchase one.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Otterbox states on their website (somewhere in the Q&A section for the product) that select retailers should have the Defender (not sure about the others) on Friday.

I ordered 2 last night and was told they should ship on the 21st. I've seen Verizon is already sending some out so I'm hoping they might get here sooner than next week.

elgerber

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
My local Verizon had a lot of cases already, last weekend, and he said they had tons of them in the back for plenty of stock. I don't think they had anything like an Otterbox quite yet though.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Like A BOSS....Just ordered my Otterbox Defender case on Amazon 49$ with Delivery scheduled for 9/21. I went all in...I've seen Verizon's offerings of off brand cases with decent protection for launch day and the cost 24.99-35.99 without tax. I'll feel better knowing its in an otterbox rather than a brand I don't know. Many people have those cases on at work, haven't heard a bad review. After buying 64GB at 423$ and AppleCare+ 99$ = 522$. Am I really gonna short change the Protection to save 10-12$ buying a cheap case it at Store with Tax. Im not trying to break the bank but I could always sell it if I see a thinner otter case later on.

elgerber

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
My local Verizon had a lot of cases already, last weekend, and he said they had tons of them in the back for plenty of stock. I don't think they had anything like an Otterbox quite yet though.

I just went to Verizon again, and they did have Otterbox Defenders today.