What screen protector will you put on your iP5?

EvilJack

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Completely not needed. I don't have a mark on mine after several drops and my wife's has bounced around her purse for over a year without a scratch. Gorilla Glass was great and I can only imagine how awesome Gorilla Glass 2 is.

I'm sorry but I don't believe this. Clean your screen with a soft cloth, turn it off, and hold it at an angle. I guarantee you will see blemishes in the screen.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Completely not needed. I don't have a mark on mine after several drops and my wife's has bounced around her purse for over a year without a scratch. Gorilla Glass was great and I can only imagine how awesome Gorilla Glass 2 is.

I noticed a light scratch on mine on Monday. Opened it Friday night so not that long. Nothing else in my pocket (keys, etc) so who knows. Not scratch proof at all. YMMV.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the iPhone 5 Anti-Glare/Anti Fingerprint Screen Protector,, i think other guys used this kind Screen Protector before.
View attachment 19953

I always prefer the anti glare/fingerprint matte finish like this one. It really hides the annoying fingerprints and grease unfortunately it doesn't do the retina display justice. On my i4S I always preferred this type of screen protector. Before I even got my i5 last Friday I already had these screen protector. Well today I switched back to the clear glossy finish. I can manage dealing with fingerprints etc. The retina display on a clear screen protector does no suffer but with a anti glare matte finish it does. The difference it's very obvious. For now I'm very content. I have both clear gloss finish screen protector for front and back.

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Zagg Shield installed since the day I purchased it. Loving it too. Also considering getting the back protection

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Is there any disadvantage of using screen protector on the phone? I have heard it's bad for the eyes. Is it true?

How in the Wide World of Sports could a screen protector be bad for your eyes?! Makes no sense.

I went with the clear Coat this time instead of the Zagg. Very NICE! Crytsal clear and seemed easier to install than the Zagg. I went with the FullBody Armour this time! Didn't want to scratch the Alum back.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Highly recommend the SGP Oleophobic. Best screen protector I ever used. And my wife agrees.

uc4life

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have a screen protector on my iPhone 5 and had been monitoring what was in my pockets and then I noticed a light hazey scratch on the screen luckily apple store close quick exchange with no problems. I am going with body armor with screen protector. I have seen nothing officially supporting the use of gorilla glass 2. But It is hard for me to believe gorilla glass 2 would scratch so easily

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I've tried all of these.

1.sgp ultra crystal. Fingerprint magnet but crystal clear. Cutouts a little big

2 sgp ultra oleo-phobic. Fingerprint magnet, crystal clear. Cutouts are a little big

3 sgp ultra fine. Smooth clean and gorgeous, hazy screen but worth it. Cutouts a little big.

4 media devil ultra crystal. AMAZING!!!!!! cut outs are tight, rigid feels like quality amazing customer service on par with apple. Finger print magnet. Best 11 dollars plus 5 shipping, I spent took it 7 days to get here from Europe but well worth the money.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I didn't have a screen protector on my iPhone 5 and had been monitoring what was in my pockets and then I noticed a light hazey scratch on the screen luckily apple store close quick exchange with no problems. I am going with body armor with screen protector. I have seen nothing officially supporting the use of gorilla glass 2. But It is hard for me to believe gorilla glass 2 would scratch so easily

Had the same. SGP ultra crystal covers it right up. :)

coggster

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I've never liked a skin or protector on my phone so I'll be getting a leather wallet for transporting my baby around :)

Beamed from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox