Speck cases

TheBiggmann

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone bought a Speck Candyshell case recently? I had two of them on my iPhone 4 but eventually moved to the CaseMate Pop because the rubber on the Speck would deteriorate and flake off. The Casemate was the same size (maybe even smaller), just as protective, and the rubber was much more durable. I see CM is making the pop with the stand, which I don't really like because it's a little bit bigger, so I was thinking of going with the Speck. But if they still have that rubber issue thats gonna be a deal breaker.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem with 2 of my Speck Grip cases. I called them and sent pics of both cases. They promptly sent me replacements. I made sure when speaking to the guy at Speck that they seemed to be having a problem with this. He said that they have had several complaints and are resolving the problem. I love the Grip case. Hope they offer it for the iPhone5.:)

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I ordered one for my wife off of Amazon and had the same problem I about a month. It is a shame bc my wife loved the case.

iLoveApple16

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I bought one of the Satin Candyshell cases for my iPhone 4S a few months ago and sadly the rubber did flake off. I love Speck cases but they should really invest in improving the rubber they use.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a lot of the speck cs's & 1 cs flip for my 4S, and honestly, none of them ever had the flaking issue. Now on the other hand, I purchased a black/grey cs flip for my husband about 3.....maybe 4 mths ago and his has the flaking issue. I don't understand how some have it and some don't. But for those of you that don't know, if you've purchased your speck from an authorized reseller & have your receipt, a simple call to speck explaining your issue (and maybe needing to send them a pic of the damage) within the 1st year of owning the product, speck will send you a replacement. I've never had to use that route, but I might with the hubby's cs flip, but I've heard great reports from people that speck replaced it for them with no problems:)

Zach7

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I have been using a Puple/Black Speck grip case since April of this year and no flaking yet! I know that this has been a problem in the past. But I do know that Speck does a great job with their warranty! I carry the phone/case in my pocket every day and have not had a problem on this case.

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I've had many Speck CandyShells. The problem I have with them is that the smooth and shiny back gets scuffed up so easily.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had many Speck CandyShells. The problem I have with them is that the smooth and shiny back gets scuffed up so easily.

I really like my candy shell (black/slate) but you're right, it does scuff a bit easily. No big deal though, still keeping the phone protected.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have to say, I've been using a white/black Candy Shell for the past (almost) 6 months and it doesn't show ANY scratches. They are there, but the white really camouflages them!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I guess the "flaking" isn't something that is a big deal to me....bec I haven't noticed it if I have it?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I own a few Speck cases and I have owned them with every iPhone since the 3G. I never had this issue. CS and CS Grip

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I use these almost exclusively. I had the casemate pop actually, and it was even worse for me than the candyshell. So I got that for my 5 again and minus the one corner, it's holding up well.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Had flaking issues on all of my Candyshell for 4S. Son far after 1 week no issues with the case on i5. Keeping fingers crossed.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think Speck redesigned their new iPhone 5 cases for the better. Not only is the case less bulky, but the rim that goes around the screen of the iPhone feels different than the ones on my iPhone 4S. I've been using one since launch day and it still looks like new even after going in and out of my scub pockets at least 10+ times a day. I love Speck's new CandyShell cases. So far I have the Red one and the Raspberry color case.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
^^ I agree. The edges don't feel as sharp on the iPhone 5 cases and I love the way the bottom is designed with the "grill" for the speaker and mic. Other cases are leaving those open and to be honest, when I use my phone one handed, my pinky goes there to keep the phone from sliding out of my hand and the bigger the holes are, it tends to scratch my pinky. Not so with the new Speck CS case. Love my white/peacock color combo!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I agree Rose. Much better quality this time around. First time ever I haven't had flaking.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a Speck Candyshell (White) for my iPhone 5 and its great. I love the protection it gives. I originally wanted them black but heard it scuffs really bad. The white one looks brand new!

CandyBean

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Yay! Received my Speck candyshell today. Looks beautifullll on my white iPhone 5! It's thinner than the iPhone 4 cases. Won't provide much grip since it's slippery. The buttons and cutouts are perfect. Here are some pix:

Very happy with my purchase! Hope it doesn't crack again..

Attachments

• 123.JPG
    123.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 1234.JPG
    1234.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 186
  • 12345.JPG
    12345.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 184

Latest posts

Trending Posts