Otterbox Defender Screen...

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone use a Defender with the screen shield removed? If so, how do you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Yep! I actually like it. You can go either "naked" with the screen, which looks GREAT, or you can add your own screen protector that can be easily swapped out if it gets scratched. I have done this with almost all my OBD when the built in screen protector gets scratched.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I Was considering removing the protector because crap always gets under it then I have to break the case down to clean it. That will ultimately lead to a nice, loose fitting silicone skin and I definitely don't want that.

Shoot...I don't have any more clear screen protectors. Guess I gotta use an anti glare protector until I can get to Verizon tomorrow.

Last edited:

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Yep! I actually like it. You can go either "naked" with the screen, which looks GREAT, or you can add your own screen protector that can be easily swapped out if it gets scratched. I have done this with almost all my OBD when the built in screen protector gets scratched.

I was concerned about doing that bc I didn't want the hard plastic to scratch. Did it leave a smooth plastic rim?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's smooth. There's actually a slight gap so you don't have to worry about it scratching the screen. I have another screen protector on the phone itself.

Reactions: gvndeb60

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So did anyone create some form of gasket to keep debris from getting in through the gap created by removing the built in screen protector?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice