iPhone 5 Cases

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
So you can clean it so that it looks brand new? A lot if people in these forums haven't been able to do that.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.
I don't know about brand new but the grime certainly comes off easily.

I suppose it depends what the dirt is, the one on the volume button for me is makeup stains, and that's water soluble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I've got the blue Switcheasy Odyssey, black OtterBox Commuter and two TPU gel cases (blue and black) I got on ebay for about $4.

The Commuter has the best protection, Switcheasy best design and the TPU cases are the most comfortable.

The Odyssey buttons don't have any feedback so you don't know if you're pushing them. They're very stiff. Other than that, great cases. The mute toggle is hard to get at.

The Commuter is great all around except for the lip on the screen getting in the way of swiping from the side. A little slippery too and adds a little heft.

The two TPU cases have great coverage, great grip, buttons are probably b/t the Commuter and Odyssey in terms of response and don't add a lot of bulk which is nice.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Is there a reason everyone on here seems to remove the screen protector on the defenders? I just got mine and I can't even tell there is a screen protector on it.

Hi!

I have a Moshi screen protector on my phone right now which is great and works fine with all my cases. The Otterbox built-in SP just feels odd and plasticky to me and to have that on in addition to the Moshi is just overkill and it makes the phone a bit unresponsive and difficult to use the touchscreen.

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi!

I have a Moshi screen protector on my phone right now which is great and works fine with all my cases. The Otterbox built-in SP just feels odd and plasticky to me and to have that on in addition to the Moshi is just overkill and it makes the phone a bit unresponsive and difficult to use the touchscreen.

I second this. I have the same setup and I love it!

Danny8200

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Is there a reason everyone on here seems to remove the screen protector on the defenders? I just got mine and I can't even tell there is a screen protector on it.

I had a Defender a while back. I noticed moisture would get in between the SP of the case and my phone screen causing sort of a rainbow effect on the screen.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums app

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Just got the clear Case-Mate Naked Tough case. Love it even more than my clear Belkin! This one is a two-piece unit (rubber bumper and clear plastic shell) but is really easy to switch out.

I use this with the amazing Bodyguardz Pure Screen Protector (tempered glass and OMG what a difference from regular screen protectors!) and it (my 5) feels like a brand new phone.

And of course, it works great with a lanyard. ;)

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1400311030.804630.jpg

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...spx%3Fprod%3D2906%26dept%3D416&token=iaRNM5dJ

Last edited:

sticko

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a new iPhone 5 last week and I'm looking for a new case already. I got cheapo case when just until I find the ONE... I was using a Quattro case for my iPhone 4. It was a great case and I see that Ivyskin has a new one now called the wrangler for 5 but I wanted to finalize before purchasing one.

After reading reviews and a bit of research, my choice is now between their new Wrangler case and otterbox defender case.

Otterbox looks very rugged but bulky and the screen is made of plastic compare to Wrangler case which looks slim and still packs the 4 layers with glass rather than plastic guard!

sticko

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I have the Belkin candy sheer case. It seems as if it covers the front side better than the Apple case. The lip is fatter. The problem with the Belkin case is that it's slips out of my hands too much.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2