iPhone 5 Cases

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I have narrowed it down to the final two. Right now I have a Casemate Pop, I like it, but need to mix it up.

It is between the Incipio Feather and the Incipio Dual Pro. I like the feather because it is minimal and does not add bulk. I like the Dula Pro because it offers more protection. In my 1 1/2 years of iPhone usage, I have dropped it waist high a handful of times. No damage.

Regardless, anyone with an opinion?

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Like A BOSS....Just ordered my Otterbox Defender case on Amazon 49$ with Delivery scheduled for 9/21. I went all in...I've seen Verizon's offerings of off brand cases with decent protection for launch day and the cost 24.99-35.99 without tax. I'll feel better knowing its in an otterbox rather than a brand I don't know. Many people have those cases on at work, haven't heard a bad review. After buying 64GB at 423$ and AppleCare+ 99$ = 522$. Am I really gonna short change the Protection to save 10-12$ buying a cheap case it at Store with Tax. Im not trying to break the bank but I could always sell it if I see a thinner otter case later on.

omayakarboom

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I have already ordered one for my iPhone5, I am still waiting.
Flower Pattern Protective Case Cover for Apple iPhone 5 MHC-113818 - TinyDeal
113818_836510_MHC-113818.jpg

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I got my Case-Mate Barely There in the mail yesterday. The SGP Glas screen shield should be here today or tomorrow then all I need is the phone on Friday :)

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
The 4S was my first iPhone and I wanted maximum protection. I've had the Otterbox Defender on it. But the material is shoddy: the flaps tear off eventually and the home button cover starts to loosen. I'm on my second one and it's getting pretty bad. Great protection, though!

The Lifeproof was one I tried because it was thinner than the Otterbox. But it was unusable due to the space between the case screen and the iPhone screen. Dealbreaker and I didn't even make it out Best Buy's parking lot before I took it back and got the Defender.

Anyway, I'm seriously considering going naked with the iPhone 5 due to how thin it is. I've had my 4S in the case for so long, I can't even remember how it feels naked. I guess it depends on how I feel when I get the actual 5 in my hands. But I am worried about damage as I've dropped the 4S many times.

On the other hand: if you don't have a case, are you more careful and less likely to drop it?! Hmmmm......

trandz

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Will go naked until a BookBook arrives. Maybe I'll order one of those cheap black bumpers from Amazon since I got prime to not get those black sides scraped up.

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Whoa! I had never heard of "Bookbook"! I have been wanting to get rid of my wallet, bigtime! All I really need is my driver's license, credit card, and some cash. It's a real pain to have to remember my wallet all the time, especially in MN when the weather changes a lot and I sometimes leave it in a jacket etc.

I'll have to look into the Bookbook. For y'all that have one, what are the main drawbacks? Do you lose functionality of the iPhone in any way, e.g., does it slow you down?

Thanks!

theshanextm

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The Lifeproof was one I tried because it was thinner than the Otterbox. But it was unusable due to the space between the case screen and the iPhone screen. Dealbreaker and I didn't even make it out Best Buy's parking lot before I took it back and got the Defender.

i had no issue with the space. I followed the instructions and got the air out, made it quite tight and by far the best case I have ever owned

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
i had no issue with the space. I followed the instructions and got the air out, made it quite tight and by far the best case I have ever owned

I'd be interested to know when you bought it. The one I tried was around December of 2011. Does anyone know if they put out updated versions after that point that allowed you to get the air out or have they always been able to do that?

Perhaps I spaced it out and didn't see those instructions, but I'm usually a bit anal about troubleshooting something like that--especially in this case (pun intended) because I couldn't fathom anyone would put out a product that defective.

Thanks!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Surely.. I'm on the email wait list for the iPhone 5 speck cases. :p

I just put my name on their list as well. Even though my OB Commuter case will arrive tomorrow, I will use the Speck case more due to style as well as the nice look.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.