iPhone 5 Cases

RoboWarrior

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I believe if you want a light cases but give tons of protection, one of those Life Proof cases should do the work. I going to get one of those so I can take underwater videos and pictures with my iPhone 5.

andsoitgoes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I believe if you want a light cases but give tons of protection, one of those Life Proof cases should do the work. I going to get one of those so I can take underwater videos and pictures with my iPhone 5.

I don't want to spend $80 on a case, or have one that constricting. I would like something protective that is also not a behemoth. That's why I was looking at the Commuter or Seidio lines. I'd love some impressions on that.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm just hoping for a magpul case for the iPhone 5. It's saved my 4S from numerous drops onto asphalt with no damage. It adds almost no bulk at all. To top it off it's dirt cheap. Yeah, I live them.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm just hoping for a magpul case for the iPhone 5. It's saved my 4S from numerous drops onto asphalt with no damage. It adds almost no bulk at all. To top it off it's dirt cheap. Yeah, I live them.

Yup I did a review on them here. I just posted in the thread too...I sent them an email today asking if there are any plans for an iPhone 5 case.

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to spend $80 on a case, or have one that constricting. I would like something protective that is also not a behemoth. That's why I was looking at the Commuter or Seidio lines. I'd love some impressions on that.

I love my commuter case and got one for my 5. Have one on my work 3GS and personal 4S. Great protection without adding too much bulk.

andsoitgoes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I love my commuter case and got one for my 5. Have one on my work 3GS and personal 4S. Great protection without adding too much bulk.

I have seem some very iffy things about the commuter, primarily that it's poorly designed and doesn't last.

My experience with my defender has, unfortunately, been the same. I've gone through about 6 defender cases with problem after problem. Worn and torn silicone, cracks in the plastic, squeaky plastic. Their customer service has been beyond fantastic and they've spent way more money on me, but I don't know if it's worth risking again. Argh.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I have seem some very iffy things about the commuter, primarily that it's poorly designed and doesn't last.

My experience with my defender has, unfortunately, been the same. I've gone through about 6 defender cases with problem after problem. Worn and torn silicone, cracks in the plastic, squeaky plastic. Their customer service has been beyond fantastic and they've spent way more money on me, but I don't know if it's worth risking again. Argh.

Never had an issue with them, but kudos for them taking care of any issues.

I would probably consider the commuter/defender but I'm not sure I can cover the phone up. Ugh, it looks so beautiful.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

the lifeproof cases aren't actually that thick.

Dahlen

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I ha a life proof case and hated it. They aren't too thick at all, just the plastic screen killed the responsiveness of the touch screen so much. On top of at, they are only good for up to seven feet of water, and I couldn't even get the phone to respond while I was trying to take underwater photos. The only plus was that it truly did keep the water out, which was nice.

I also had the e13ctron bumpers for the 4s and had only three concerns with them. First, they made the phone feel so much taller, which could actually be an issue with the elongated iphone5. Second, they offer no protection for the screen, and third, any wear and tear on them shows, as any drops shred the paint right off. The best thing about them is that I never saw anyone one else with one, so it was kinda neat having people admire them.

andsoitgoes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
the lifeproof cases aren't actually that thick.

But it's a lot of case, a built in screen protector, which I'm so tired of now, and weird covers for the headset and charging jacks.

I just want the Acase. But my only option is to ship it to the states and the ship it to me, and in the end it'll cost me an extra $15 to do so. Ugh. Maybe I'll just do that.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes. All the traditional case makers, plus a few new faces, will be out with iPhone 5 cases over the next few weeks. Many companies, like Otterbox, already have preorders available.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro