iPhone 5 Cases

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I've used Candyshells on my 4S and had no problems. They are my go to case. I also have a Barely There. It's more for looks than protection.

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Picked up my i5 on Sunday. Verizon ordered my otterbox defender yesterday, and I will be grabbing it as soon as I get home. Waiting for mophie and bookbook to release their cases as well.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I had one on my 4S (still have the case) its the brushed aluminum. $40 from Case-Mate! but i liked it. Adds almost no bulk whatsoever.

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
I really like my Otterbox defender. Don't have to worry about scratching the screen or dropping it.

Those of you that are using the other cases ( I also like the speck ones) how do you protect your screen from scratches?

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have/use a Case Mate "Barely There"? If so - do you like it?

My case of choice, and I like making custom ones with graphics of my choice. The iP5 version fits different than the 4/4S version did... the case overlaps the plane of the screen just slightly whereas the 4/4S BT cases were flush to the screen. I actually kind of like it... I can put my iP5 down screen side and the screen doesn't actually touch the surface. It also kind of gives an edge to guide my fingers when swiping (if that makes sense). I mention all of this because I suspect some people will not like this. But it appears that it has to do with the way the case attaches to the iP5 with the beveled edges.

Doc Z

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Anything more original and less plasticky/rubbery than all the speck/incipio/case mate cases that offers minimal protection with slight screen protection as well?

I have a diztronic right now and I don't like the feel of the case. Or the feel of TPU in general. But it's a good fit for the phone, pretty minimal with slight screen protection. Just what I want, just don't like the material.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I think I am going to get the SGP Ultra Thin once it is available in either clear or frosted. I like to keep the form factor of the phone as close to stock as possible.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
SO for those of you waiting on the BookBook for the iPhone 5 - i just rec'd another email with an update!! :D

BookBook for iPhone 5: Update #1

Hello and thanks so much for your interest in BookBook for iPhone 5. We are indeed working hard on a BookBook just for iPhone 5. Here are the details we can share now:

If you like BookBook for iPhone 4, you’ll love BookBook for iPhone 5

It is the same width, a bit taller and a little thinner than the BookBook for iPhone 4
(just like the iPhone 5 compared to the iPhone 4/4S)

It will begin shipping next month

More details and updates will follow as we get closer to shipping. Thank you so much for your dedication and patience. We think it will be worth the wait.

Thank you,

Twelve South

rootbeersoup

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have the Griffin revel for the 5 yet? I have it for the 4 and the 5, and the 5 is THICKER than the 4... ????

---------- Post Merged at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Does anyone else have the Griffin revel for the 5 yet? I have it for the 4 and the 5, and the 5 is THICKER than the 4... ????

ecr80

May 21, 2012
Visit site
a word of warning the InCase Metallic Slider Case seems to scratch the sides a bit. i'm afraid to remove it now.

skyscraper04

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

---------- Post Merged at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:01 PM ----------

I have it and the inside part of the case scratched really easy and you can see it from the outside since its see thru and it make my 5 thicker!

rootbeersoup

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2