Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

looks like apple changed the description...

"This adapter lets you connect devices with a Lightning connector to many of your 30-pin accessories.* Support for analog audio output, USB audio, as well as syncing and charging. Video output not supported."
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #27  
    iMore Intermediate

384 Posts
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

According to iLounge
    Apple has confirmed that its Lightning to 30-Pin Adapters will be capable of passing iPhone 5 audio to prior Dock Connector-based docks, speakers, and cables, but will not support video out from the iPhone 5 to older video accessories, or “iPod out” mode transmission of data and album art, used in some car and home video dock accessories.
    So the adapters will work with stereo docks, but not video docks or some car docks. I doubt most of us are using iPod-out, since I never heard of it before, and it's not the same as regular audio-out. I think. We'll see.

At least I'll have a good excuse to buy an HDMI adapter instead of using my old 30-pin component adapter, whenever it comes out. Although my wife is now pushing for an Apple TV...
    iPhone Nanite

4 Posts

Thumbs up iphone 5 case & horizontal belt clip

After extensive searches, i found these 2 combinations:

iPhone 4S 4 Accessories, iPad Cases, Skins & Covers, iPod Car Kit, Chargers, Headset, iPhone 4 4S Cover, Headphones, Car Mount Holder & Charger
    fits iphone 5 with a case on it - i ordered it

RokForm Rokbed v3 iPhone 4/4S Case Kit - Apex Carbon Fiber
    will be available in 3 weeks for iphone 5, love this unique case that is functional.
    i plan to order the red one with magnet & belt clip
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12