Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 79 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree204Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Exclamation iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

This is a place holder for all the threads/posts that will come between Sept. 12th-21st. If you order a iPhone and want to discuss the tracking of your devices, this is the place to do it. Any thread outside of this one regarding the same topic will be closed, no questions asked. This is to keep the forums nice and organized.

Thanks in advance.

*This thread will open when pre-orders start.*
    Thanked by:
    katrinaleone32 (09-17-2012), MURALO (09-23-2012), nzrocketman (09-06-2012), iSRS (09-14-2012)
    nzrocketman likes this.
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

When you get your tracking number, let us know.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 09-14-2012 at 09:38 AM.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

And please, only post tracking related questions. Anything else will be deleted. No questions asked.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

VZW pre-order tracking site -
    Thanked by:
    beeray (09-18-2012), EmceeGeek (09-14-2012), iJDR (09-16-2012), lori marshall (09-16-2012)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Verizon Preorder Date check

Ok, so I pre-ordered my iPhone at 2:51 AM Eastern (oddly, 10 minutes before the announced time, but this same ten minutes early happened with the iPhone 4 in Feb of 2011).

Got the email confirmation number and delivery by 9/21. No issues.

Clicking in the email, on the link that says "Check Your Order Status" brings me to a page, where I enter the order number and last name, and says "Can't be found"

Try and it comes up. But it lists an expected ship date of 9/26.

If I go to preorder one now, it says Deliver by 9/21.

Thoughts? Should I trust I will get it on 9/21 or call (like the OCD freak I can be)?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking-9-14-2012-10-56-17-am.png  
     Verizon iPhone 5 Black (32GB)  iPad (32GB Black WiFi 3rd gen)  20" iMac Core2Duo  3rd gen TV 
     Everyone in the house has an iPhone or iPod touch, all our computers are Mac 
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

I wouldn't worry about that date just yet. VZW is notoriously fickle with it's tracking information. I ordered mine at 3:10am ET this morning and it states "ship by 9/21"...we'll know more early next week.
    Thanked by:
    iSRS (09-14-2012)
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by easyrun99 View Post
    I wouldn't worry about that date just yet. VZW is notoriously fickle with it's tracking information. I ordered mine at 3:10am ET this morning and it states "ship by 9/21"...we'll know more early next week.
    Correct, tracking info will not come out for a bit. Calm down everyone, you'll get it sooner rather than later.
    Thanked by:
    iSRS (09-14-2012)
    iSRS likes this.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,088 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by easyrun99 View Post
    Same here shows 9/21 ship by date.
    Thanked by:
    iSRS (09-14-2012)
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by coolvzwiphone View Post
    Same here shows 9/21 ship by date.
    That's not a ship date rather delivery date. Should say "available to ship : delivered by 9/21". At least that's what my confirmation email says.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

On the Verizon site they are distinguishing between the Iphone 5s that will ship on time and those that are at least 2 weeks out..
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,088 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    That's not a ship date rather delivery date. Should say "available to ship : delivered by 9/21". At least that's what my confirmation email says.
    Yeah your right. It says deliver by 9/21/2012 in my confirmation email
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version
    7.0 GM

On the Verizon confirmation email it says "Deliver by: 09/21/2012" When I go to this link to check the status:

It says "expected ship date: 09/21/2012"

Anyone know what that means I hope I get it by the 21st since i ordered at 2:57AM
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by ReconMarine View Post
    On the Verizon site they are distinguishing between the Iphone 5s that will ship on time and those that are at least 2 weeks out..
    Ah okay. I have only ordered from Apple every year. Just don't trust the carriers.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,088 Global Posts

Has anyone been able to change shipping address when ordered via verizon's website? thought i would ask before calling.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

Two words....radio shack. First thing Friday. 6th iPhone I have bought there.
    iPhone Newbie

Default Sprint

I ordered mine through Sprint this morning at 9am and they said delivery by 9/21. I am however concerned that I did not get a confirmation email. I printed the order summary just to have as record. Tracking information will not be available for 24 hrs they said.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coolvzwiphone View Post
    Has anyone been able to change shipping address when ordered via verizon's website? thought i would ask before calling.
    I was able to this morning. I'm having it shipped to my work, so I don't have to wait until I get home on Friday to play with it.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,088 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by durangojim View Post
    I was able to this morning. I'm having it shipped to my work, so I don't have to wait until I get home on Friday to play with it.
    Did you call it in or do it online somehow? I checked online and didn't find anything
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts

Verizon is now saying "delivery by 9/26" on all models
    iMore Intermediate

My confirmation from Sprint says:

Thank you for pre-ordering the 32G iPhone 5. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Your device will arrive on or around September 21. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder.

It said this from the gitgo last night.

Apple Care is showing on backorder.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by skittlesj20 View Post
    I ordered mine through Sprint this morning at 9am and they said delivery by 9/21. I am however concerned that I did not get a confirmation email. I printed the order summary just to have as record. Tracking information will not be available for 24 hrs they said.
    You can check your order here if you have your order number:

iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

I ordered this am had to wait for business preorders on Verizon. Initially sated delivery on 9/21.
    Now says overwhelming orders item not in warehouse will ship on stock arriving. Another place in status says 9/26......So who knows........
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

I placed my iphone5 order on the Apple Store website within the first hour of preorder. I kept getting a message that site was undergoing maintenance. I ordered phone as soon as site maintenance ended at approximately 3:50 am eastern time..

I was under the impression that if you preordered from Apple, you would receive it on the 21st. However, my confirmation at the time of the order said it would be shipped in 2 weeks. Now in my account it states that it would be shipped in 2 weeks and the phone will be delivered on October 3.

Last year, I preordered the 4S on the apple store website many hours later, 9 am easternand I received the phone on the release date. I ordered mine much sooner this time out.

What is going on? Does this delivery date mean anything or should it be updated at some point by Apple so hopefully, i will receive my phone on the release date.

The only thing I can think of is that i ordered the 30 pin adapter and on the order it says it is available to ship "October." If this were to affect the ship date of the phone that would be a travesty!
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

So I ordered this morning, but have yet to receive a confirmation email. I did however check on My Verizon and the line I purchased the phone for says:

Our records indicate you recently purchased a device for this line of service but have not activated it yet. You have the option to proceed with your online equipment order after you have activated your new device, or you may contact Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 for further assistance.

Is anyone else without the confirmation email?
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by durangojim View Post
    Same here. Preordered 4s and did what you suggested. Doing it again. If delivered to office, I will have it by 10:30 am. However, if delivered to home, I wouldnt get it until 7:30 pm, as we are the last delivery on the route.
Page 1 of 79 1234 ... LastLast