iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

teekz

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
So, my gf's and my phones shipped over the weekend. Here's the funny part. We ordered our phones from an AT&T store about 5:30pm(CDT). We ordered them back to back with a rep. My gf's phone shipped FedEx and is scheduled to arrive today. My phone shipped UPS and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Would like to know why the difference.

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
So, my gf's and my phones shipped over the weekend. Here's the funny part. We ordered our phones from an AT&T store about 5:30pm(CDT). We ordered them back to back with a rep. My gf's phone shipped FedEx and is scheduled to arrive today. My phone shipped UPS and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Would like to know why the difference.

What day did you order?

Westielvr

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
UGH-Since so many people were commenting on early deliveries I thought I would check on mine. Ordered in store 9/18. Was told delivery date of 10/5. Checked my email confirming order, says delivery by 10/5. When I called Verizon tonight they said ship date of 10/5. I asked why the discrepancy, she didn't know. I would think if I am aware of the gigantic difference between ship and delivery date, Verizon certainly would be aware. She then decided to be flip with me and say it is actually only a few extra days. Well Missy, no it isn't. If they ship on 10/5, but it isn't overnight it could actually be Tuesday, and if I am not home, Wednesday. MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD!!!!

AceBoonKoon

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine the sat after launch. (Can't remember the date) Verizon's email confirmation said it would ship on Oct 19th and to my pleasant surprise I received and email this afternoon saying that it has shipped along with my FedEx tracking number. Pumped!

---------- Post Merged at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:35 PM ----------

I ordered mine the sat after launch. (Can't remember the date) Verizon's email confirmation said it would ship on Oct 19th and to my pleasant surprise I received and email this afternoon saying that it has shipped along with my FedEx tracking number. Pumped!

tkao2025

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
Well I still have a lot of time to wait....Ordered a couple of days ago from Apple Online and says 3-4 weeks. Does it really take this long or Do most people actually get theirs earlier?

DrTinyCat

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to find out myself, since I ordered last Thursday, (9/25). I would assume since the ship by date on Verizon's page hasn't changed, (as of 10:40 this morning), it will ship sooner. However, I'm not expecting it to ship any earlier than a week before 10/26, especially since they're most likely giving any remaining pre-orders priority. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Fryson

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I ordered on the 25th as well via apple.com and it says delivery between October 25-31. I had planned to order it on the 14th but those plans fell through. I haven't bought a new iPhone since the 3GS so I figure waiting a month isn't going to kill me if it doesn't get delivered until that date. It would be nice though if it shipped earlier than their estimate thought. :)

I wonder what the earliest someone has gotten it after ordering it after the launch date. It would be hard to imagine someone ordering it after the launch date getting it before someone who pre-ordered.

Perry_Orne

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Hate to tell those folks that are still waiting, but.....

I'm real curious why/how this happened....but I certainly like it.

I ordered two iPhone5s last Friday night, 28 September 2012, at about 7 PM at the local AT&T store. 1 32G White and 1 64G Black.

Just before I did this I checked the Apple Online store and it said 3 to 4 weeks for both. When I went to the store and purchased them the clerk told me 3 to 4 weeks for both.

The e-mail I got the next day said 2 to 3 weeks for both.

I got the 64G Black one yesterday 2 October and the 32G White one just a few minutes ago on 3 October.

All I can say is WOW. The iPhone gods must have been looking after this situation. Amazing.

Thoughts on why? Just lucky?

cal1952

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me this week. I ordered a white 64G from Sprint Monday morning. I got an email saying it would be three weeks. Monday night I got another email saying it had been shipped. I had it in my hands Tuesday evening. What a pleasant surprise!

DrTinyCat

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, not sure if you're all just lucky or if ordering in store at Verizon was just a bad idea. On a side note, would have ordered it directly through Apple.com, but they don't support Verizon business accounts, grrr.

Hackaveli

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Did you get white are black? What capacity did you get?

---------- Post Merged at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Fryson

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Well, it sure would be nice if it shipped earlier than the 3-4 estimate.

Here's to hoping you guys will get yours earlier than expected as well. :)

butisitamac

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Great to find you all here- I like forums, and to find one that deals with Apple Devices is AWESOME!

I ordered my Black iPhone 5 from AT&T over the phone on the evening of the 18th and still nothing. I keep checking status several times a day and nothing has changed. I have however called in to AT&T customer service and they've been less than honest and evasive... a bit frustrating to say the least. I wish I would have waited in line at the Apple store now! (Hindsight is 20/20)!

Nothing to do at this point but wait- the past 20+ days have all been nail biters though, as I'm sure many of you know exactly what I'm talking about:) Good luck gang!

RRF785

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I ordered a black 32 AT&T on 9/25 with an eta of Oct 24-30. I keep hoping it will come sooner but I doubt it. I'm getting antsy though.

rlboard

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same boat. Ordered online from Apple on the 16th and my order still says "processing items" with a delivery date of Oct 10-Oct 16.

Kaze919

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
All I can say is that I'm a colossal idiot for waiting so long to pull the trigger. I thought that I might be able to sneak one through radioshack. They did have phones they were allocating to stores however they were all 16GB. I just laughed and left, I can't manage 16 gb anymore. So I placed my order with AT&T seeing as how Apple retail was quoting 3-4 weeks and AT&T was only quoting 14-21 days. I saw an extra week sooner and decided to go for it. However at&t was 14-21 business days, ugh nice trick. It was marginally cheaper however. So either way I'm looking at 1st week of Nov. which seems like an eternity now.

speedy00002

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have order my iPhone 5 from Verizon on 9/23/2012 and i just have e-mail with my per order number on it and when i look it up says shipping date 10/19/2012... hope comes before then but don't think it will even come the 19th.