iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Same here... I ordered at 5 am here in NYC and UPS is saying delivery by end of day on 10/1. I'll never bother preordering again. I walked into the Grand Central store on launch day AFTER 1 pm and they still had plenty of stock available. Couldn't cancel because they couldn't guarantee that the upgrade would be restored to my AT&T account right away. But, this is pathetic that it's taking this long to ship. Never, ever again.

Besides the delivery issue, I will never preorder from Apple again for other reasons as well. I preordered on apple store website early hours of the 14th( 3 am eastern). Long story, short I received my phone yesterday but apple and Verizon screwed up my preorder in a huge way. I will not have my phone potentially activated for another 48 hours, if I am lucky.

I chose to add an existing line when preordered. Yesterday, I spent 12 hours on the phone with Verizon ( for the majority of time) and Apple regarding various issues including the inability to have the new iphone activated. After 12 hours, it was discovered that an separate account had been created despite having selected add an existing line. I actually suspected this over a week ago, called apple and their reps told me that was not the case and not to worry that everything would be taken care of when I received the phone and it was activated. Yesterday, at one point, I was transferred to Apple and they said everything on their end had been taken care of. If I had ordered from Verizon, this issue never would have occurred.

All of this is discussed in the Verizon forum in 2 separate threads.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: ordered from verizon on 9/14

well maybe I will get lucky and get it the day before but I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one...I am just getting really antsy haha

FTR, the ship by date means it's the last possible date that Verizon will ship your phone. My ship by date for my 4s was November something and I got it October 27th I think. :)

---------- Post Merged at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:43 AM ----------

I pre-ordered two iP 5's from my local Verizon store on 9/14 as well and my ship date has been showing at 9/28 ever since. I was really hoping that I'd be receiving them a bit early, but at this point even the 9/28 delivery date is looking less likely as I have not received any shipping details yet.

You won't until it actually ships.

leahg725

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

I called a verizon near me and non of the stores have it in stock. I would have had to preorder it again in the store and wait til the end of october...9/28 doesn't look too bad anymore lol. Apparently it won't ship until the 28th so we should be seeing shipping information any day now as they put it

trainhater1

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm there too. I ordered the 14th about 0830 CST On the 21st. I walked into the AT&T store at 1030 on the 21st and could have gotten one no problem, didn't even have to get in line. Of course you couldn't get a hold of Apple to cancel, so I couldn't get one. I should have just bailed on AT&T and went to Verizon. I will not pre order again. Apple was good about charging me on the 21st.

With the time change mine has been in Hong Kong since 9:30 PM CST on 90/25 so as I type it just shy of 14 hours and no movement. I live about 4 miles from the airport in Memphis. I listen to the UPS and FEDEX planes all day long. Anyway, It has traveled 857.41 miles. Since origin that makes the average speed at just above 12 mph. Hate to see if it was not "expedited". Only 8180 miles to go. UPS says it will be here Oct. 1st. at the current rate it should be here on Oct 7th. I hope the pick up some speed.

CHEK LAP KOK, HK Sep 26, 2012 10:30 AM ARRIVAL SCAN
ZHENGZHOU, CN Sep 26, 2012 8:30 AM DEPARTURE SCAN
ZHENGZHOU, CN Sep 26, 2012 3:15 AM PACKAGE HAS SHIPPED AND THE DELIVERY IS BEING SCHEDULED; CHECK FOR UPDATES LATER / FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY
ZHENGZHOU, CN Sep 26, 2012 2:49 AM PACKAGE HAS SHIPPED AND THE DELIVERY IS BEING SCHEDULED; CHECK FOR UPDATES LATER
ZHENGZHOU, CN Sep 25, 2012 4:10 PM DEPARTURE SCAN
ZHENGZHOU, CN Sep 24, 2012 2:44 AM ORIGIN SCAN
CN Sep 24, 2012 4:32:10 AM BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Cunningcory

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Mine has made it to Lexington now. It went to China, Korea, Alaska, now Kentucky. Scenic route, I guess. It's still scheduled for the 28th. From what I can tell, the average is..

Hong Kong: 4-5 days to go
Korea: 4 days to go
Alaska: 3 days to go
Kentucky: 2 days to go

It takes almost 24 hours in Kentucky to clear customs - mine has been there for about 15 hours so far. Also remember that times are local on the UPS site, so dates and times are misleading (usually about a day ahead of you if you are in the states).

leahg725

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
so excited! just checked the status of my order and it changed to shipped! apparently it shipped yesterday and I am receiving tomorrow by 3pm!

jeffydude05

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Louisville, KY, United States 09/27/2012 1:12 A.M. Arrival Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States 09/26/2012 2:43 P.M. Departure Scan
09/26/2012 1:25 P.M. Arrival Scan
Incheon, Korea, Republic of 09/26/2012 11:59 P.M. Departure Scan
09/26/2012 8:30 P.M. Arrival Scan
ZhengZhou, China 09/26/2012 5:31 P.M. Departure Scan
09/26/2012 4:12 P.M. Package has shipped and the delivery is being scheduled; check for updates later. / Forwarded to the facility in the destination city.
ZhengZhou, China 09/25/2012 6:23 P.M. Package has shipped and the delivery is being scheduled; check for updates later.
ZhengZhou, China 09/23/2012 7:35 P.M. Arrival Scan
09/23/2012 11:00 A.M. Departure Scan
ZhengZhou, China 09/22/2012 8:20 A.M. Origin Scan
China 09/24/2012 2:34 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

davidaking1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site

I ordered 9/17, with a ship date of 10/5, debit card charged yesterday, went online to check status and I got my fedex tracking # i should be receiving it tomorrow ( its en route) woohooo :) i havent gotten my shipping confirmation email though.

leahg725

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

yes me too i have gotten the shipping information and it is coming tomorrow! It said deliver by 9/28 so I guess that's what that meant.

W10888

Aug 9, 2008
Visit site
Funny......your tracking is the same as mine so far, but mine has to be delivered to Montreal, Canada!
Anyone know what route UPS has from Louisville, KY to Montreal?

jeffydude05

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Originally mine was suppose to be delivered today, but it was just updated for tomorrow. It takes about a day to clear customs, no biggie though. My screen protector and skin aren't coming until tomorrow anyway.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
photo.PNG

Fiction and time-travel: the earliest this can touch down in the Eastern US is midnight-ish tonight. Apple confirmation with"delivery on Sept 28" is dead right. UPS in the meantime is good for a chuckle! :D

tnjreese

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site

I ordered 9/17, with a ship date of 10/5, debit card charged yesterday, went online to check status and I got my fedex tracking # i should be receiving it tomorrow ( its en route) woohooo :) i havent gotten my shipping confirmation email though.

Who did you order it through? I ordered on 9/17 from AT&T and have not heard a word since...

jlindsey.stu

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Update: Just landed in Anchorage an hour ago, yet green status bar remains overly optimistic. Delusionally optimistic.

UPS tracking has kept me entertained while providing a false sense of hope! Apple said by end of the day Oct 5 originally. Then I was moved to October 2. Then I got a shipping confirmation on Sunday and UPS said I'd have an iPhone on Wednesday. Which was moved to Thursday. Which has turned into Friday....

Uri Kelman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I think UPS is just losing their sh*t over all of these iPhone orders. My co-workers UPS tracking said that it will be delivered today, but just left Korea this morning and arrived in Alaska this afternoon. On the other hand, my iPhone is scheduled for a an Oct. 1 delivery and is also in Alaska.

UPS told my co-worker that they are really behind because of the "unprecedented amount of iPhone orders". Oh well, as long as I get my phone next week, i'll be happy.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Update: Just landed in Anchorage an hour ago, yet green status bar remains overly optimistic. Delusionally optimistic.

WOW- made it through Louisville in 3 1/2 hours, from arrival to import scan to departure. It has already landed and left airport nearby. One more sort/ scan in town, then 'out for delivery' today!

Jrock_98

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Tell me how I ordered my iPhone 5 September 14th at 9 AM EST and I've been patiently waiting only to discover AT&T Premier's system messed up horribly. September 18th I received an email confirmation from Premier that my phone would be shipped out within 14 - 21 business days. This email had a link to check the status of your order which I checked DAILY and probably more than once a day. Finally I received an email from AT&T Premier yesterday evening September 27th 9:49 PM EST saying my phone has been shipped via Fed-ex along with a tracking number. I clicked to track the phone....The Phone was being shipped back to the shipper.

-I called Fed-Ex, they stated I had to call AT&T.
-I called Customer Support AT&T, they had to contact Premier.
-Premier office hours were closed and I had to call the next day.
-Called Premier this morning, they apologized and said its out of their hands too and the only option is to cancel the order
- Cancel the upgrade
- Refund my money
- Make another pre-order and wait another 14-21 business days.

According to Fed-Ex, my phone was shipped out since September 20th. My question:

Why did Premier take 7 days to send me a tracking email?
Why was Premier's online status oblivious to my order until 7 days after shipment?
Why cant Premier call Fed-ex to redirect my phone back to me?
Why do I have a feeling the Fed ex guy pocketed the phone?
Why do I have so much time to post this thread?

I dont have an iPhone 5 people! This is crazy. I don't know what to do?

Droidrage729

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Tell me how I ordered my iPhone 5 September 14th at 9 AM EST and I've been patiently waiting only to discover AT&T Premier's system messed up horribly. September 18th I received an email confirmation from Premier that my phone would be shipped out within 14 - 21 business days. This email had a link to check the status of your order which I checked DAILY and probably more than once a day. Finally I received an email from AT&T Premier yesterday evening September 27th 9:49 PM EST saying my phone has been shipped via Fed-ex along with a tracking number. I clicked to track the phone....The Phone was being shipped back to the shipper.

-I called Fed-Ex, they stated I had to call AT&T.
-I called Customer Support AT&T, they had to contact Premier.
-Premier office hours were closed and I had to call the next day.
-Called Premier this morning, they apologized and said its out of their hands too and the only option is to cancel the order
- Cancel the upgrade
- Refund my money
- Make another pre-order and wait another 14-21 business days.

According to Fed-Ex, my phone was shipped out since September 20th. My question:

Why did Premier take 7 days to send me a tracking email?
Why was Premier's online status oblivious to my order until 7 days after shipment?
Why cant Premier call Fed-ex to redirect my phone back to me?
Why do I have a feeling the Fed ex guy pocketed the phone?
Why do I have so much time to post this thread?

I dont have an iPhone 5 people! This is crazy. I don't know what to do?

Maybe do what I did. I cancelled my preorder and crossed my fingers rolling the dice on personal pick up at a local apple store. You have to make the purchase after 10 pm (west coast time) and select personal pick up at a store that has the phone available . Worked for me and I had a black 64gb on Verizon which no one had the very next morning.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods