iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

G8trMom09

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I looked at my AT&T order page this morning, and my status says shipped...but I haven't been charged yet and I have no tracking number and it isn't showing in anyone's system.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
arghh... this is insane... on a brighter note... this is post 1000.... where's my pie?

3063024748_7d252abc83.jpg

madisonjar

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
still nothing from verizon for me, but I am sure today is the day...by the way heard from someone I trust on this and they say that verizon people will be happy on friday while a lot of att people will not be...it was also posted in this thread that Att people might not get theirs till monday. The person I know also said that Verizon was really on the ball with this shipment.

Tarheelblue22

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Ordered on my iphone Apple Store app approx. 5 minutes after the 3:01am release time for pre-orders. My apple accounts says its "preparing for shipment." delivery date: 9/21

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
AT&T has my shipping date as 9-17, but no FedEx tracking number yet :(

Worst case, my rep will drive to a store and hand deliver one to me on Friday :)

jblockcolski

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Sooooo frustrating....mine departed Anchorage, AK well over 24 hours ago and has never landed anywhere. I thought for sure when I checked this morning it would have at least landed somewhere. :confused:

I still have to track by reference since I haven't received any tracking info from Apple.com yet. Apple.com still says "Preparing for Shipment". However, they did charge my credit card on 9/16 which is when it left China.

Only 2 days to go.....

i am in the exact same boat you are in. I checked UPS this morning expecting to see arrival scan in KY, but still nothing.

Still says friday delivery and in-transit and on time though.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Haven't got any tracking information from Apple yet... I checked the order page and it says "Preparing for Shipping" and delivers by 9/21...

Checked UPS and the package is still in Louisville...

Checked CC and I don't see the charge anywhere, not even in pending...

I hope Apple provides some updates soon...

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Ordered Apple.com 12:15am PDT day of preorder... Order status showing STILL "Preparing for Shipment", with "Delivers 9/21".... but I'm losing hope... no shipping notification emails, no CC charge yet, no UPS reference search results (using both home/cell and work numbers)... tried FedEx Reference search, nothing there either....

arrrrrggghhhhh :(

jimmers

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
This whole thread is the reason I used to pre-order but pick up at the Apple Store. I was always guaranteed to get one as long as I got my order in early. I didn't have to worry about it getting delivered on whatever date. I didn't have to worry about being home to sign for it. And, I always had it in my hands and using it by 8:30 am on launch day. However, Apple quit offering that option with the 4s. Now you have to either camp outside the store for hours and hope they have enough in stock to make it to your spot in line or pre-order and go through this mess of not receiving enough tracking information. Obviously pre-ordering is the best route to go to make sure you get one but everyone gets worked up about ship dates and delivery dates. It's just a big frustrating mess! Ugh!!

iUSERNAME

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
So this is what I think Apple is doing! We all know they have some sort of agreement with UPS so our phones only get delivered on the 21st. So for all of us who are wondering why Apple is still giving us the "preparing for shipment" stuff should expect to get something from them tomorrow. Apple is probably going to send out our tracking information when they overnight it around the US to our homes on Friday!

MarkY

Oct 27, 2004
Visit site
Interesting. The payment for my iPhone has been sitting on my credit card for several days as a Pending Transaction. Now it is gone, completely. Hoping I just caught it in the middle of the switch from Pending and Posted.
I noticed this too. Are you a Sprint customer, possibly? I'm not too worried about it because I think the same thing happened when I ordered my 4S from Sprint. The only thing I had prior to it arriving on my doorstep was my order confirmation from Apple and it's "preparing for shipment" status. All other shipping notifications came after my 4S was received.

KevTKE194

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I Just got this email from AT&T. Still no tracking info yet though. Notice how it says "should arrive as soon as September 21, 2012" I just dont like the wording "should" and "as soon as"

Dear ----- -----,

Thank you for your recent purchase from the AT&T Premier Online Store. We're pleased that you chose AT&T as your service provider.

We wanted to confirm that your order is reserved and should arrive as soon as September 21, 2012.

As a reminder, you will receive an email from the AT&T Premier Team confirming shipment along with the carrier information and tracking number to track your shipment online.

Your web order number is: ----------------------------

Your order(s) will be delivered to the following address:

--- ------ --
-----------,NY ----------

We appreciate your business.
Thank you for choosing AT&T,
The AT&T Premier Team

This email was auto-generated. Please do not respond.
? 2012 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. AT&T and AT&T logo are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Using Premier Via 3rd Parties
?2012 AT&T Intellectual Property. All Rights Reserved.

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Received my official notice from AT&T. Phone will ship anywhere from 14-21 days post launch day. I am on the phone trying to cancel so I can wait in line on Friday.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
This whole thread is the reason I used to pre-order but pick up at the Apple Store. I was always guaranteed to get one as long as I got my order in early. I didn't have to worry about it getting delivered on whatever date. I didn't have to worry about being home to sign for it. And, I always had it in my hands and using it by 8:30 am on launch day. However, Apple quit offering that option with the 4s. Now you have to either camp outside the store for hours and hope they have enough in stock to make it to your spot in line or pre-order and go through this mess of not receiving enough tracking information. Obviously pre-ordering is the best route to go to make sure you get one but everyone gets worked up about ship dates and delivery dates. It's just a big frustrating mess! Ugh!!

Actually, preorder for pickup at an Apple store was an option. I elected for delivery but pickup was available.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If you ordered from Apple and have not heard anything regarding tracking info, try searching UPS Track by Reference Number, as has been reported. I couldn't find anything by Apple's order number, the cell number for the line being upgraded, the cell number for the primary on the account... but I looked again at my order confirmation email and saw that it had my work phone number listed... searched for that number and the tracking info popped up. So the bottom line is (1) don't panic and (2) try the phone number listed on your order as your contact phone number when searching by reference number.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2