iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

johnp#AC

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I got in right away at 3 EST on the Verizon preorder as a new customer. Their stupid website wouldn't let me enter my credit card billing address (it is a P.O. Box) it had to be the same street address where the phone was shipping. I still haven't received an order confirmation and it is long past 24 hours. It hasn't hit my credit card even as an authorization.

So I called to give them my credit card billing address. The stupid rep said that preorders were only for existing customers and I shouldn't have been allowed to order. Even though I can go to their website right now and pick new customer and preorder. Whatever.....

So am I screwed? The preorder status page states it is processing? To top it off I am porting in my number. This sucks and is stressful because I don't know if I have a new phone or not. I don't want them to kill off my old phone if I don't have a new one.

This is why I left Verizon in the first place -- poor customer service and stupid reps.

It sounds like many of you didn't get any order confirmation at all, right? So we just wait? Any new customers that preordered? Or all you existing customers?

Thanks!

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
I checked UPS using my phone number, and it says shipped on 9/15, and mine is in Nashville right now...come on Friday!!! It originated in the US, too.

pgood4

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
does checking ups only work if you ordered directly from Apple? I ordered from AT&T through my business and received confirmation of arriving as soon as 9/21, but ATT's site still says pending since it's a pre-order.

yeyeman9

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I got in right away at 3 EST on the Verizon preorder as a new customer. Their stupid website wouldn't let me enter my credit card billing address (it is a P.O. Box) it had to be the same street address where the phone was shipping. I still haven't received an order confirmation and it is long past 24 hours. It hasn't hit my credit card even as an authorization.

So I called to give them my credit card billing address. The stupid rep said that preorders were only for existing customers and I shouldn't have been allowed to order. Even though I can go to their website right now and pick new customer and preorder. Whatever.....

So am I screwed? The preorder status page states it is processing? To top it off I am porting in my number. This sucks and is stressful because I don't know if I have a new phone or not. I don't want them to kill off my old phone if I don't have a new one.

This is why I left Verizon in the first place -- poor customer service and stupid reps.

It sounds like many of you didn't get any order confirmation at all, right? So we just wait? Any new customers that preordered? Or all you existing customers?

Thanks!

I am a new customer and I pre-ordered. I received an email as well. The status still reads "we received your order and it is in process" though...hopefully tomorrow we will see a change...

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
I ordered from Apple, and my status with them still says preparing for shipment, but it's in Nashville. I ordered a 32gb white with sprint, if that maybe makes a difference.

wgilles

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Guys,

Try going to UPS website and use 'Track by reference' option and enter your phone number as reference and click on 'Track' and you might be able to find that it has been shipped already.

Additionally you could also enter the destination country and Zip code.

I did the same. Apple.com says 'preparing for shipment' but when I went to UPS, I found out that my IPhone 5 has been shipped already and it was shipped yesterday.

No mention of China in my case. Coming from Nashville, TN.

This works. Mine left china today and is scheduled for a 9/21 delivery

mtavenger55

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered a black 32 GB iPhone 5 threw Verizon on the 14th at about 5:15am. I never got a confirmation emal. However I can track my order number on their website & I'm expected to get it the 21st! Should I be worried that I never recieved a confirmation email?

chadaw

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I ordered from Apple, and my status with them still says preparing for shipment, but it's in Nashville. I ordered a 32gb white with sprint, if that maybe makes a difference.

How did you track it? My order from Apple says preparing for shipment, they've charged my card but I don't see where to track it.

first_mvp

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered a black 32 GB iPhone 5 threw Verizon on the 14th at about 5:15am. I never got a confirmation emal. However I can track my order number on their website & I'm expected to get it the 21st! Should I be worried that I never recieved a confirmation email?

Did you check your spam folder?

first_mvp

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
How did you track it? My order from Apple says preparing for shipment, they've charged my card but I don't see where to track it.

Go to the UPS website and "Track by Reference". Make the following selections/entries:

Shipment Type: Package
Shipment Reference: Phone Number (Credit Card Billing)
Shipment Date Range: Leave default
Destination Country: Select as appropriate
Destination ZIP/Postal Code: Select as appropriate

If you find a match and it has a delivery date matching what you're expecting ex. Sept 21st, you've found the tracking number.

G8trMom09

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I preordered my iPhone 5 on Friday morning through AT&T online. The order screen AND my confirmation email tell me that it will arrive ON 9/21.

A friend of mine ordered her's through her local AT&T store in Florida and was told and has a receipt to back it up that she would also have her's on 9/21. However, last night she received an email saying her's may not come for 14 to 21 days.

I went online to AT&T this morning and did a chat with two separate reps, to confirm when my iPhone will arrive. I've never done a pre-order before, and I know I need to be home in order to sign for my phone or they won't leave it. I was told that my phone will be in their WAREHOUSE on 9/21 and I won't receive it for 1 to 2 business days later. But both my confirmation email and the order screen said it would arrive ON 9/21 to my home.

How do these things typically work? Isn't one of the perks of pre-ordering that you receive your item ON launch day to your house? I've heard stories of stuff even showing up a day earlier than launch day. What have your experiences been? Should I still expect it for Friday?

I noticed that some of your order status information has been updated to say "shipped", but that mostly seems to be through Verizon or Apple directly. Has anyone had their status updated who ordered theirs through AT&T? Another rep tonight told me that as long as my order was in before 9AM PST, I should have it "on or around" the 21st. This is becoming like the cable company..."we'll be there between 8AM and next year."

chadaw

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Go to the UPS website and "Track by Reference". Make the following selections/entries:

Shipment Type: Package
Shipment Reference: Phone Number (Credit Card Billing)
Shipment Date Range: Leave default
Destination Country: Select as appropriate
Destination ZIP/Postal Code: Select as appropriate

If you find a match and it has a delivery date matching what you're expecting ex. Sept 21st, you've found the tracking number.

Wow, thanks, I never knew you could track it without a tracking number. My phones are in China. Still on time for 9/21 delivery.

pfry10

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Haven't received my tracking email, but UPS says its sitting in Addison IL, scheduled for 9/21. Maybe it'll accidentally slip out early to me?! Fingers crossed!