iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

rew001

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm one of those dudes that got up at 2am CST and put in my orders through the Apple Store. This morning the orders were still processing, now they show "preparing for shipment" with a delivery date of the 21st. Coolness.

Last edited:

buci1er

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
My order still says to be delivered by 9/21 for the phone portion. I ordered a lightning cable with it that will be delivered around oct 9th

BevinLM

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Looks like most people with VZW have moved to preparing shipment. Us on AT&T are mostly still waiting

I was reading on another forum that if your order says "preparing shipment" it's because your iPhone is shipping from overseas and not Tennessee. Not sure how legit that is though lol, just passing along the message.

Last edited:

buci1er

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I was reading on another forum that if your order says "preparing shipment" it's because your iPhone is shipping from another country and not Tennessee. Not sure how legit that is though lol, just passing along the message.

How would Tennessee come up? There designed in Cali and built in china

stockandroidguy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I was reading on another forum that if your order says "preparing shipment" it's because your iPhone is shipping from another country and not Tennessee. Not sure how legit that is though lol, just passing along the message.

Just checked on the vzw website and still states oreder is in process and expected ship date being 9/21/12. It does have Ace order # and location now it wasn't there before

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
How would Tennessee come up? There designed in Cali and built in china

FedEx and UPS have national overnight hubs in Tennessee. Phones will come fro Apple warehouses either in the US or China direct to the hubs in time to be sorted and start delivering 9/21... Verizon also has a customer direct fulfillment warehouse near the FedEx hub.

Reactions: BevinLM

BevinLM

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
FedEx and UPS have national overnight hubs in Tennessee. Phones will come fro Apple warehouses either in the US or China direct to the hubs in time to be sorted and start delivering 9/21... Verizon also has a customer direct fulfillment warehouse near the FedEx hub.

Ahhh, that makes sense!

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I have my Ace Order # and Ace Order Location.
Still says my order is processing and that expected ship date is 9/21

Really hope I get it then!

buci1er

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I got some news. I called apple directly. The salesperson on the line guaranteed that I'll get it on Friday. Pretty cool of him in my opinion. Marty, if you're anywhere out there, you made a first time per-orderer a very happy guy today.(I usually camp out)

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
That's where I had to pre-order from as my browser wouldnt open the site. But thanks for the tip, didn't think I'd ever have to use that all so much :eek: