- 09-15-2012, 04:20 PM #126
- 09-15-2012, 04:26 PM #127
- 09-15-2012, 04:44 PM #128
- 09-15-2012, 04:51 PM #129
- 09-15-2012, 04:58 PM #130
think it depends what banks we are using? I'm using TD. Still says delivery on 21st though so thats good. I heard Apple will go above and beyond to make sure you get it the day your supposed to, even overnight shipping it if needed.
- 09-15-2012, 05:16 PM #131
- 09-15-2012, 05:41 PM #132iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
I ordered two phones within 20 minutes of preorder starting. My 64GB has been pending on my card since the morning of the 14th, and is now preparing for shipment via standard shipping. Estimated delivery is the 21st. My 16GB is still "processing" and has an estimated delivery of the 21st via holiday shipping. Holiday shipping? These orders were both placed with Apple. The 64GB was placed with the Apple App and the 16GB I did on the Apple website.
- 09-15-2012, 05:47 PM #133
Just checked my two orders. Both are on for Holiday shipping. What I am guessing as since they didn't have time to prepare for shipment before Sunday (No mall day), they are doing expedited shipping for us? Would just make sense.
- 09-15-2012, 05:54 PM #134
preorder link does work
- 09-15-2012, 05:56 PM #135
I preordered at 2:15AM PDT on the 14th on Apple.com. Unfortunately, my 32GB Black Verizon i5 won't be delivered until October 5th. I was actually quite shocked to see that day for my order because Verizon's online store switched to that delivery date early this morning. How is it that Apple's shipment dates slipped to Oct. 5th way before Verizon's?? One of my buddies ordered through Verizon.com around 3:00PM on the 14th and his is going to be delivered the 26th of September. He ordered more than 12 hours after me.
Last edited by Alienware_51; 09-15-2012 at 05:58 PM.
- 09-15-2012, 06:14 PM #136iPhone Newbie
- 39 Posts
I think it's because of quantity of units apple has allocated for launch day preorders vs the same for verizon. It is possible you missed out on the launch day preorder allotment (unlucky) while your friend caught verizon's second wave of shipments. I'm sure the majority of initial preorders were made through apple, depleting their supplies sooner than the carriers.
- 09-15-2012, 06:15 PM #137
- 09-15-2012, 06:23 PM #138
- 09-15-2012, 06:28 PM #139
I ordered like 2 minutes when preorder came availe at apple.com and I got the reserved screen so then at 4 am i got the email to finish processing my order so i did then later on Friday i got a email saying phone ships in 2 weeks but then again later I got a email saying great news your iPhone 5 will be deliver on iPhone 5 day 9/21 and as of now it says delivers 9/21 on apple order status site.
- 09-15-2012, 06:29 PM #140
- 09-15-2012, 06:30 PM #141
I'm one of those dudes that got up at 2am CST and put in my orders through the Apple Store. This morning the orders were still processing, now they show "preparing for shipment" with a delivery date of the 21st. Coolness.
Last edited by rew001; 09-16-2012 at 10:19 PM.
- 09-15-2012, 06:37 PM #142
- 09-15-2012, 06:37 PM #143
- 09-15-2012, 06:38 PM #144
- 09-15-2012, 06:38 PM #145iMore Newbie
- 39 Posts
Last edited by BevinLM; 09-15-2012 at 06:43 PM.
- 09-15-2012, 06:41 PM #146
- 09-15-2012, 06:42 PM #147
- 09-15-2012, 06:42 PM #148
- 09-15-2012, 06:46 PM #149
- 09-15-2012, 06:48 PM #150