iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please tell me (or even re-assure me) why when i go to look at my orders on apple.com, it STILL says preparing for shipment!!! It says that it is going to deliver on 9/21 because i did pre-order mine at 3:10 a.m. EST and if it makes a difference, its a black 32 gb Verizon phone.

smmullen

Aug 31, 2011
www.endgamepr.com
Steve don't worry, I'm in the same boat. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it - I purchased at 9AM Friday, my status has always said deliver by 9/21. Nothing has changed, but also no tracking number. Some people after me have gotten confirmations...they're probably just going through them all slowly and updating.

Thanks. I ordered at 6:30am EST on Friday but I didn't respond to the confirmation email until 7:45am. I don't know which time is more important. Either way, the "ship date" on the VZW website has always concerned me. The guy who took my order on the phone and the confirmation email both said I'd get it on launch day.

In the grand scheme of things, getting it in the middle of next week wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but, like everyone else here, I'm impatient. This is my first iPhone.

Turtle615

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine before 9 AM central time in the Verizon store. My confirmation email says that it will be delivered by 9/21 but when i check my order status it says shipped by 9/21. I am located in Nashville and saw a lot of people saying their phone is shipping from Nashville. I am hoping that is why i have not gotten shipping information yet.

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine is also in Memphis. Kinda odd that its there considering I live in Arizona. I figured they would be held at a hub closer to me. Oh well cant wait for friday!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
well... my status on apple.com order details are actually going backwards... :(

was at "preparing for delivery"... now back to "processing items"... But still says "delivers by 9/21"... and if I expand "view order details", it shows "holiday shipping" for method... :confused:...

so i really don't know what to think anymore...

(ordered 9/14 at 12:15am PDT, at&t model, 32GB.... I have a feeling at&t processing might be what f***s me....)

I knew I should have just paid ETF and went to VZW...

ritav66

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine from apple and it still says Preparing for Shipment ):
Hopefully they get out it in time!

Go to the UPS site and on the Tracking Tab.......click on Track by Reference. In the Reference box....type your phone number. It will give you your tracking number and tell you where your phone is right now.

Mine has been sitting in Louisville Ky since 12:07 am this morning!

Reactions: glory1052

skittlesj20

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Come on give us some Sprint Love. My order through Sprint.com still just gives me the estimated 9/21 receive by date. will most likely ship tomorrow or Thursday for Friday delivery.

I ordered through Sprint as well and still no tracking information. If it is not updated by tomorrow I think I am going to scream! lol

Mathewww

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Go to the UPS site and on the Tracking Tab.......click on Track by Reference. In the Reference box....type your phone number. It will give you your tracking number and tell you where your phone is right now.

Wow, lifesaver! Mine is in Arkansas, with the delivery date for friday!
Too bad it's UPS though. UPS always gets to my house at the end of the day, like around 7-8 pm ):

first_mvp

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please tell me (or even re-assure me) why when i go to look at my orders on apple.com, it STILL says preparing for shipment!!! It says that it is going to deliver on 9/21 because i did pre-order mine at 3:10 a.m. EST and if c it makes a difference, its a black 32 gb Verizon phone.

Make sure to check the UPS site like everyone else. I wouldn't worry about it. Some if the stock is coming from china and others from within the states. Im guessing yours will be the latter, just like mine.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Make sure to check the UPS site like everyone else. I wouldn't worry about it. Some if the stock is coming from china and others from within the states. Im guessing yours will be the latter, just like mine.

I have done that, and it says that UPS could not locate the details for my request. and when you say mine will be the latter, you dont mean that it wont be here on 9/21? cause mine says it will deliver on 9/21

iUSERNAME

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I have done that, and it says that UPS could not locate the details for my request. and when you say mine will be the latter, you dont mean that it wont be here on 9/21? cause mine says it will deliver on 9/21

I was having the same problem because I was using my cell phone number as a reference. But, when I look at my order on apple.com where it still says its "preparing for shipment" i noticed that I used my home phone number when ordering. So...i used that number and BOOM there is my shipment. It is hangin out with everyone elses in Louisville!

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
AT&T represantives are being told by upper management that if anyone asks about their iPhone 5 that they ordered from att.com, to respond " They will start SHIPPING on 9/21" They are told to apologize for any misinformation caused by the initial email , promising a 9/21 DELIVERY.
I dont know wth is going on at their HQ, but I am starting to give up on a release date delivery as by now we should have seen some kind of tracking info, instead of just a "Processing" .

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same problem because I was using my cell phone number as a reference. But, when I look at my order on apple.com where it still says its "preparing for shipment" i noticed that I used my home phone number when ordering. So...i used that number and BOOM there is my shipment. It is hangin out with everyone elses in Louisville!

I looked and it is my cell phone number; but just for laughs i tried my home phone number and nothing; i then tried every cell number in my family plan and still nothing =[ idk what to do! does it have anythingto do with the fact that on apple it says 'holiday shipping' ?

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please tell me (or even re-assure me) why when i go to look at my orders on apple.com, it STILL says preparing for shipment!!! It says that it is going to deliver on 9/21 because i did pre-order mine at 3:10 a.m. EST and if it makes a difference, its a black 32 gb Verizon phone.

Go to UPS.com. Track by reference and enter you phone number. Info should come. Don't be alarmed. I've preordered 2 devices with Apple in the past and tracking no always came very close to actual receipt date.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: Finally it worked on UPS and mine is in Nashville TN as of today =] and i am supposed to get it on friday by 3:00 pm!!! SOOOO relieved!

willthetech

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Just checked and here it is:

Type: Package
Scheduled Delivery: 09/21/2012
Shipped To: CLEVELAND, OH
Shipped/Billed On: 09/16/2012
Service: UPS Next Day Air Saver?
Weight: 2.00 Lbs

mtavenger55

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I tried that & still nothing :( why is Verizon doing this to me! Lol. It still says the same "we have received your order & it is being processed" with an expected ship date of 9/21. I've checked Fedex as well with nothing! Grrr! I know I shouldn't panic but I'm getting a little frustrated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox