iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
This is a place holder for all the threads/posts that will come between Sept. 12th-21st. If you order a iPhone and want to discuss the tracking of your devices, this is the place to do it. Any thread outside of this one regarding the same topic will be closed, no questions asked. This is to keep the forums nice and organized.

Thanks in advance.

*This thread will open when pre-orders start.*

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Verizon Preorder Date check

Ok, so I pre-ordered my iPhone at 2:51 AM Eastern (oddly, 10 minutes before the announced time, but this same ten minutes early happened with the iPhone 4 in Feb of 2011).

Got the email confirmation number and delivery by 9/21. No issues.

Clicking in the email, on the link that says "Check Your Order Status" brings me to a page, where I enter the order number and last name, and says "Can't be found"

Try preorder.verizoinwireless.com and it comes up. But it lists an expected ship date of 9/26.

If I go to preorder one now, it says Deliver by 9/21.

Thoughts? Should I trust I will get it on 9/21 or call (like the OCD freak I can be)?

easyrun99

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about that date just yet. VZW is notoriously fickle with it's tracking information. I ordered mine at 3:10am ET this morning and it states "ship by 9/21"...we'll know more early next week.

Reactions: iSRS

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I wouldn't worry about that date just yet. VZW is notoriously fickle with it's tracking information. I ordered mine at 3:10am ET this morning and it states "ship by 9/21"...we'll know more early next week.

Correct, tracking info will not come out for a bit. Calm down everyone, you'll get it sooner rather than later.

Reactions: iSRS

DD214#WN

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
On the Verizon site they are distinguishing between the Iphone 5s that will ship on time and those that are at least 2 weeks out..

skittlesj20

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Sprint

I ordered mine through Sprint this morning at 9am and they said delivery by 9/21. I am however concerned that I did not get a confirmation email. I printed the order summary just to have as record. Tracking information will not be available for 24 hrs they said.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
My confirmation from Sprint says:

Thank you for pre-ordering the 32G iPhone 5. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Your device will arrive on or around September 21. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder.

It said this from the gitgo last night.

Apple Care is showing on backorder.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen