iPhone 5 Shipping/Tracking

Chase S

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
So I called Verizon CS and asked about the automated line stating it has been shipped. They claim that is a mistake and that it has not actually shipped and wont ship until Friday. It must be a CYA thing....

yeyeman9

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
So I called Verizon CS and asked about the automated line stating it has been shipped. They claim that is a mistake and that it has not actually shipped and wont ship until Friday. It must be a CYA thing....

Actually I doubt it ships on Friday. It has to ship before so it can be DELIVERED on Friday. i think those people are completely lost....

I was under the impression the CC wasn't charged until it was shipped.

gdfelaz99

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
My ship date just changed from 9/21 to 10/5. I'm about to cry. I ordered at like.. 12:02am on Friday.

Same here. I ordered mine at 2 am central and received confirmation 15 minutes later. Until this evening I had a 9/21 ship date. In the past hour it changed to 10/05 and now my ship date is blank. I am not happy.

easyrun99

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Ordered from VZW at about 3:10am (ET) Friday. My CC was charged this afternoon and my status on the VZW site changed from "It is being processed and you will receive notification once it has shipped", to "Your order has been sent for processing".

Follow-up. I called *611 and it stated my order has been processed and shipped with estimated delivery date of 2 business days.

Now, I don't expect it here before Friday, because their idea of "shipped" could simply mean they've sent the pickup request to FedEx, but the idea that it's shipped or about to actually ship is comforting.

easyrun99

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I ordered about 15 minutes after you and have the Oct. 5 delivery date from the Apple Store, as of now, my card hasn't been charged (nor do I have any pending charges).

I also had nothing on my card, no charge or pending charge, not even a hit of $0.01 until this evening when VZW finally hit for the purchase.

Chase S

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Follow-up. I called *611 and it stated my order has been processed and shipped with estimated delivery date of 2 business days.

Now, I don't expect it here before Friday, because their idea of "shipped" could simply mean they've sent the pickup request to FedEx, but the idea that it's shipped or about to actually ship is comforting.

And the frustrating thing is, if you talk to CS, they claim it's a mistake or they have no clue what's going on. However, I doubt the system is wrong... also, it's frustrating that if it has "shipped", then it must have a tracking #. Unfortunately, it still isnt displaying on their preorder status site.

easyrun99

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site

It's important to remember that "shipped" can simply mean the pickup request has been sent. It doesn't mean it's on a truck or plane headed this way...

easyrun99

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
And the frustrating thing is, if you talk to CS, they claim it's a mistake or they have no clue what's going on. However, I doubt the system is wrong... also, it's frustrating that if it has "shipped", then it must have a tracking #. Unfortunately, it still isnt displaying on their preorder status site.

I don't worry too much about the CS', but agree about the order tracking. With that said, VZW has always been very sloppy on their web order tracking. I've ordered other phones in the past, not during high demand purchases, where the phone shipped, but the site didn't post a tracking number until the next day.

But, it's clear movement is taking place, at least on some level, so there is comfort in that...

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Seems as if the money was taken out of my account. And now on the VZW search site it says "Your order has been sent for processing." I should be happy, BUT... now there is no date at all after Expected Ship Date. Should I be worried??

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Verizon CS, she said that if you get a confirmation email when you ordered that means it validated the CC even if you don't have a pending $1 on it.

UKFan643

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Seems as if the money was taken out of my account. And now on the VZW search site it says "Your order has been sent for processing." I should be happy, BUT... now there is no date at all after Expected Ship Date. Should I be worried??

I understand the concern, but check the confirmation email you got right after your order. It should clearly say "Deliver by 9/21" so until you see something in black and white that says otherwise, trust that.

Cauchon

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
On VZW tracking it says:

Order Status: We received your order and it is in process. Payment not taken yet.
Expected Ship Date: 10/05/2012

How lame!

Chase S

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
They must be doing something... I ordered just after preorders opened directly through Verizon and my expected ship date went from 10/05 back to blank.

And then 9/21 back to blank

EvilJack

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
My ship date just changed from 9/21 to 10/5. I'm about to cry. I ordered at like.. 12:02am on Friday.

W.T.F.???

Can I offer you one of these?

kleenex.jpg

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I understand the concern, but check the confirmation email you got right after your order. It should clearly say "Deliver by 9/21" so until you see something in black and white that says otherwise, trust that.

That's the problem. I never got an email. But I copied the confirmation code from when I purchased online, and that worked in pre-order search so I assumed the email just got misplaced. But the ship date always said 9/21 there...

kmc979

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
mine was just updated on verizon's site with tracking, but no tracking number or even carrier listed, just "your order will ship by 9/21"

and now my card has been charged!!

Last edited:

Key22

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Sprint IPhone 5

Has anybody gotten a shipment e-mail from Sprint yet? I'm trying to figure out if I will get my phone on Friday or do I have to wait three weeks for it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal