Wallet case

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thinking it would be nice not to carry a wallet. Looking at the candyshell card but worried about bulk. Was wondering anyone else using a wallet case?

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, it all depends on what kind of a wallet case your interested in. I never looked in the direction of the Twelve South BookBook until Brinda mentioned it in the 4s case thread that we usually post in. I started looking at it, and last Saturday found a shop that had them. I purchased the older version(no red color on the "XII" binding part) in vintage brown so it was 30% off - got it for $44 bucks. I am VERY pleased overall with the quality of the leather and craftsmanship. I'm usually very finicky with cases (as some of you know:p) but, I gotta tell ya, I won't even take my phone out to use a bumper.....I love this wallet style case that much:) I've had it a week now and it's starting to break in nicely too;) Also, all buttons and charging port are easily accessible, so you can charge your phone without removing it from the BookBook, and still have control over the mute toggle switch/volume up down & sleep/on off buttons. also, being a woman, I look for every chance to NOT having to carry my handbag if I really don't need to LOL. The BookBook gives me my essentials that I have to have with me - my phone, debit card, credit card, my dL and a bit of cash that I slip into the inner pocket under where the cards are stored.

I would suggest checking it out if you don't mind spending that much on a wallet/case. The only thing that some people don't care for is you need to pull up the top red tab and slide your phone up a bit to take pictures or video. Now, I don't use my camera on my 4S like ALOT of people do I still rely on my Cannon power shot, so this is not an issue for me at all.

If you visit the TwelveSouth.com website, there is a video clip you can watch of people using the BookBook in action, as well as seeing if there is a shop in your area that may carry it. Keep in mind that Apple discontinued carrying them, I called a few in my area. None had it & when I asked each store why it was discontinued in their store they didn't know. But if you call some Apple shops in your area you may be lucky enough to find one that may still have them...idk.

Good luck with you search for the perfect wallet case!! I am absolutely hooked on the bookbook indeed:D

Last edited:

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am TERRIFIED of this stuff, honestly. My phone got stolen last year and if I had my cards/ID in that thing..Oh hell no. It was bad enough with just my phone being taken.

catalypse

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
have you guys seen this iPhone wallet case?

iflip-iphone-wallet.jpg

i've seen this in iLounge.. price is $29.99...

moegumby

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I also have the BookBook for my Iphone 4. The leather is top notch! And like the idea of not having to also carry my wallet. Well worth the money. Be careful though, there are fakes out there, and the leather and stiching is crap. You want the original.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My friend has the bookbook not sure if I like that type of card holder. I just ordered the speck candyshell card.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
My friend has the bookbook not sure if I like that type of card holder. I just ordered the speck candyshell card.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S

I actually considered the CandyShell Card for a bit too... I ended up going with the Incipio Stowaway case... It has an actual door that clicks shut instead of a slot. I liked that design better, I was worried that my cards/cash might fall out of the "slot" style case...

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I actually considered the CandyShell Card for a bit too... I ended up going with the Incipio Stowaway case... It has an actual door that clicks shut instead of a slot. I liked that design better, I was worried that my cards/cash might fall out of the "slot" style case...

How many cards does that hold?

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
How many cards does that hold?

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S

2 or 3 depending on the type of card. I can usually fit 2 credit cards with raised numbers and my license. I really like it a lot! I took it on vacation this year and was able to store my ID and monorail pass. It was a huge time saver!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Young Money

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I was also looking for a wallet case and first bought the Book Book which I initially loved but found myself always taking the phone out to use without having to flip the case..... So because of that I bought the Casellet which was also good at first but found it to thick and bulky......so I bought the iLid and it's been amazing! Gives the phone just enough thickness to make it easier to grip and comfortable to hold (front and back glass seems to slippery for me) and it also holds a tri-folded $20 bill and 3 cards and it's not thick at all. Thickness mirrors that of a normal iPhone case, absolutely love it, definitely recommend it to everyone.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well I just got my speck candyshell card and so far it's ok thought it would be better. First off it's a matte finish not like the glossy look on a normal candyshell. I have 3 cards and it's pretty hard to take them out. There's also some sharp areas where the card slot is wish they had round them so it would feel nicer. I will give it another week see how it goes before I decide to keep or return.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S

sarashah

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had the bookbook case for a few months now, and while I love the case (although I'm constantly being asked if it's a Bible) I have noticed some shortcomings. The main one is that over time that the tab/strap on the back loses its tautness and your phone begins to slide in place considerably, the light sensor at the top of the phone will be obscured is there's to much play.