Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Default Headphones with controls

Looking for a pair of earbuds with both volume controls AND controls letting me skip the track forward or backward. Earbuds should be good for jogging, working out and whatnot. If anyone has any other alternatives, I'd appreciate them.

TIA.
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

If you're jail broken, get Activator from the Cydia store and you can set it to skip/repeat tracks when holding the up/down volume buttons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by samthelegoman1 View Post
    If you're jail broken, get Activator from the Cydia store and you can set it to skip/repeat tracks when holding the up/down volume buttons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am JB'd and I'm aware of this, but the stock iPhone earbuds hurt my ears and don't stay in well. Looking for something more comfortable with good sound quality that wraps around the ear.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,988 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I use a pair like these and LOVE them. The Apple earbuds don't stay in my ears, and their in-ear set was ~$75. These were $20-25.
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/threads/sony-earbuds-w-remote-and-mic-mdrex38ip.339065/
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    I use a pair like these and LOVE them. The Apple earbuds don't stay in my ears, and their in-ear set was ~$75. These were $20-25.
    How are they for running/working out?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,988 Global Posts
    iOS Version

The closest I get to either of those is mowing the lawnóbut they're great for that. They've never fallen out.
    iPhone Newbie

looking for same as OP found some cheap ones on the bay but not sure if i want those
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

I had similar problems with apples headphones... They HURT my tiny ears!!! I tried about a bazillion different sets, including the sonys massie posted about. They sound good, however, I wasn't able to get a good fit because of my tiny ears!!! They have drivers that are right before the "in ear" part that prevents
    Me from getting them good into my canal...
    I honestly recommend the apple in ear ones... Brand new they are 80 bucks, but it's apple quality and it'll fot real right into your ears... Great for noise isolation and also they stay in very well during all activity
    iPhone Newbie

I would suggest a blue tooth headset. The pair I bought has controls on the side of one of the ear pieces. They are really light weight which makes them great for working out and running. The sound quality is great too.
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by MorphCase View Post
    I would suggest a blue tooth headset. The pair I bought has controls on the side of one of the ear pieces. They are really light weight which makes them great for working out and running. The sound quality is great too.
    That's what I'm looking at now.
    iPhone Nanite

You can try this kind of consumer electronic products: iCan.
    Last edited by hilaile; 08-15-2012 at 01:15 AM.