Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

Default Car Mount Recommendation

Does anyone have a recommendation for a car mount that fits the 4S in an otterbox defender series case? I'm going on a long trip next week and would appreciate any tips.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x

I use one of these holders from ProClip. Their products are a bit more expensive than others, but the quality is worth it, in my opinion.

Note that you will need to buy a vehicle-specific mount in addition to the holder.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    870 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS6

I bought this one from i-xt at Walmart. It is inexpensive and fits the phone great while in a Defender. It is made to just mount in the air vents, which is fine but I found the the little clips to be not so durable. Maybe I am too rough pulling my phone out during the day. I am on the phone a lot during the day. I liked the "holder" part so much that I actually took the vent clips off, found a good-visible-flat spot on my dash and glued it permanently to my dash. Looks great and holds my phone very secure.
    JB iPhone 3G => 16G iPhone 4 iOS5, 16G iPad1 iOS5 => iP5 32Gig White, iPad4 32Gig Black

Also up and running on Twitter @AUDad

Also on Google+ if you are on there.