How's your leather smart cover now?

hahab

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi iMore,

I am thinking of getting the leather smart cover cause i really like red and navy blue color but the price tag is the only thing that keep me thinking wether or not it's gonna be worth it.

I just want to know, how's your leather smart cover condition right now after a lot of use? still in good condition? anything you didn't expect happened to it?

I saw a youtube video comparing the smart cover and the leather is in a pretty bad condition. I'll post the link dow:Dn below.

Leather Or Polyurethane Smart Cover For New iPad/ iPad 2? - YouTube

Do you think i should just get one or go for the poly??

Thanks iMore :)

SEAL62505

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I bought a used tan leather smart cover off of eBay. No way would I ever pay $70 to get one new. So far it has held up, but I do know that it won't last as long as a polyurethane one. Mine is not like in the video though - Not even close to that bad.

iFan2012

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
So is this Smart Case for ipad worth buying?? I've just checked the review and i'm not sure whether to buy it or not:confused:. What would you say?

anon(1157152)

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I had one, but it seemed as if the magnet weakened with time. It began falling off a lot. Very frustrating. I wouldn't buy another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brijuhaha

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I tried the smart case but i dont like it all. Although it has red color option, which i love so much, but the case itself isnt that great to hold and the cover feels weaker than smart cover. I dont think it worth your money. I would rather go with smart dover + back case, which feels much more sturdy IMO.

I really want the leather but it seems like it wont last as long as polyurethene :(

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
@iFan2012 I've been using the smart case for the last few days and don't like it at all:

- The magnet isn't strong enough to keep the cover in place. If you turn the iPad upside town it'll come loose.

- It adds even more of a bezel around the iPad. Makes the screen look smaller and leaves an unfinished edge showing...looks kind of cheap.

- The size it adds makes it difficult if not impossible to put the iPad into a sleeve (unless you get an oversized one) if you use one to carry it around.

It just doesn't feel like a typical OEM Apple product and worth what they're charging for it.

brijuhaha

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I asked one of the apple guy about it and all he said was "This case was released because a lot of people complained about smart cover not covering the back of the iPad."

Im pretty sure if Steve is still around, this case would not be in store at all, it's so not apple to be honest. I still orefer the smart cover overall

nikegame

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
There are still many problems.But as an ipad owner we have no choice but to buy one for the protection!At least it can protect the ipad to a certain degree.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I was looking at buying one of the smart cases. They look really cool and there aren't many cases out there that I like. It is kind of pricey, but I do want to keep my iPad in pristine condition.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'd suggest checking out the smart case in person first, preferably with an iPad in it, and deciding whether or not it's for you. There are other products that offer similar protection (ie. Speck Pixelskin) for about the same price or for just a few bucks more, but look and feel like a better quality case.

Reactions: dwayne.williams

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I bought my black leather smart cover off eBay several months ago for about $20. It was in perfect condition and still looks great on my iPad 2. The magnets still work well too.

hahab

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought my black leather smart cover off eBay several months ago for about $20. It was in perfect condition and still looks great on my iPad 2. The magnets still work well too.

Now this is interesting. Is there any like noticable difference between the one you got from ebay and the one comes form apple store?

As i mentioned earlier, i was interested in red and had a chance to play around with it. But after a while there was a noticeable dirts on the cover and i dint really like it. I guess black would do :)

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Decided not to get the smart case. But since I already had the smart cover, I bought a Belkin case to go on the back. It works well with the smart cover.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods