Apple Bumper drop protection vs Incipio NGP

benhar

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been happy with my NGP, but my wife bought herself a Bumper this weekend and I'm really liking it. Now I want one.

Does anyone know if it provides comparable drop protection to the NGP? I try to baby my phone so I'm not looking for Otter Box level protection here, but the occasional drop does happen.

Thanks!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My wife dropped her iPhone on our tile floor with a OEM bumper and dropped it on the corner of the phone. It slightly dented the bumper. Phone was fine. There is a slight lip over the edging of the phone so that helps. I wouldn't not want to drop oy straight on its back. Unless the ground is absolutely perfectly flat, I don't want to know what may happen to the back. The bumper is designed to protect the edges but that's about it.

benhar

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I figured dropping it on it's back would be bad, but I figured there was the same chance of it falling on the front (or higher chance if you want to throw in some Murphy). My understanding, whether it's flawed or not, is that the most likely and dangerous place for the phone to hit is on the corner. So I was hoping going the bumper route and adding a PowerSupport film to the back would give me similar protection to what I have now.

ctc799

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
My bumper has taken drops surprisingly well. Even if you drop it flat, there's a slight rubber lip that can absorb some smaller falls.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711