Once you try a case, you can't go back?

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
For the duration of the first few months owning a 4S, I used to have my phone completely naked. I thought that was just "the better way", but then I decided to get a silicon bumper case, much like Apple's default bumper case. So I gave it a try, I mean, other people had one, I liked the color. Why not?

Then, something happened.

I realized that an iPhone with a case is so freaking comfortable, compared to before. It's so soft and luxurious, it fits around the iPhone perfectly.

I used to frown upon putting cases on an iPhone, but, it's comfortable. Better grip, less slippage. Less soilage of the front and back glass covers. You don't have to clench the sides.. Even the buttons work better. It's even better to type on.

It's so much better that today, I tried to go back to having a naked iPhone, and I just couldn't do it, not only was it slippery, but it was slippery and hard.

I NEED the case. I have to have the case.

Are you a person that liked to have a naked iPhone, got a case, and couldn't go back?

Last edited:

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I have always had mine in a case. I use the OtterBox Defender for the simple fact that if I drop it at work on the concrete floors, well, it will be better than dropping it on the floors 'naked.'

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I use a Griffin Reveal and it is so much more comfortable than using the phone naked.

Just picked one of those up in a bargain store for $4 and I'm loving it...as close as you can be to going naked but you still get a little extra grip along the edges. My one complaint? The sleep button cover is a little stiff; you really have to press firmly to switch off your device.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i guess it's normal to want or feel the need to protect your device when you first get it. i will typically buy a new case for mine but after a while i get bored with ANY case i purchase and realize i'll never be happy with anything so i will go naked except for work

so to answer the question, yes I can go back. bottom line is if you're a clumsy person then you should stay with one. personally i have not had a devasting drop, ever. if you can afford to fix or replace then why not go without a case?

bujin

May 15, 2009
Visit site
I keep mine naked, and then throw on a Mophie Juice Pack when I know I'm going to need extra battery life. I used a bumper briefly, but then my phone didn't fit my charging cradle.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
The Griffin reveal case is the case that I had been eyeing for the longest time, not only is it the best-selling case, but it's also the most popular. I had a friend model it for me, so I'd have her walk back and forth so I could look at the phone from each angle to see if it looked both natural, and with just that hint of mystique.

When I finally decided I wanted it, I put it on only to find out that the buttons couldn't easily be pressed. Number one thing that will ruin a beautiful case. :'(

Shopping for iPhone cases is hard work.

I once saw this guy with this sort of almost creme-colored case, I don't know where he got it, I was working and I was soooo tempted to ask him. Next time, I'll just do it. Usually I never go with anything but black, but that was a sexy case, yet it was still clean and very formal. It just screamed luxury.

Last edited:

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The Griffin reveal case is the case that I had been eyeing for the longest time, not only is it the best-selling case, but it's also the most popular. I had a friend model it for me, so I'd have her walk back and forth so I could look at the phone from each angle to see if it looked both natural, and with just that hint of mystique.

When I finally decided I wanted it, I put it on only to find out that the buttons couldn't easily be pressed. Number one thing that will ruin a beautiful case. :'(

Shopping for iPhone cases is hard work.

I once saw this guy with this sort of almost creme-colored case, I don't know where he got it, I was working and I was soooo tempted to ask him. Next time, I'll just do it. Usually I never go with anything but black, but that was a sexy case, yet it was still clean and very formal. It just screamed luxury.

The buttons get easier to press after a little time with the case.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I just bought an Otterbox commuter case..I have two defender cases and got tired of the bulk, so I decided to try the commuter and I love it!

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
So I was at Target the other day and an associate tried to sell me an Otterbox case, "Hey! Want to buy an Otterbox case for that iPhone?!"

"I don't, like Otterbox, I don't know why people buy it." I said, without pause.

And I really don't know why. With Otterbox cases, I can understand wanting to protect your phone and everything, but it's pretty much the equivilent of wearing shoulder pads, and safety helmets out to dinner. All that's left is the screen and a little circle for the Apple logo, which is just sad. It's impossible to use the iPhone with all. that. bulk!

And maybe I'm being too judgemental, but I had to think, why would he try to sell ME an Otterbox? I'm sure it was some kind of upsale or something. I saw this one guy with an Otterbox case clipped onto his belt, it looked like a gun.

Do we even clip iPhones onto our belts? I mean, it's not a beeper... :/

Ever since I tried the bumper case though, it's changed my whole perception of "going naked"..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2