Big Jambox vs. Bose Soundlink?

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I want to get a wireless bluetooth speaker and was considering getting one of these, but if you guys have something you think is better definitely let me know. I just want to know what you guys think is better? I have read that the Soundlink only gets about 8 hours of use whereas the big jambox gets around 14.

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
We own both the Jambox and the Soundlink.

They are both great devices. The Jambox (even the Big) is more portable than the Soundlink.
However, the Soundlink has better room filling sound than the Jambox.

We basically use them this way-
Jambox for bopping around; it is so easy to just take with you.
Soundlink more at home stationary use.

It would be nice if the Jambox (don't know if Big made this change) could connect to more than 2 devices. The Soundlink can connect up to six devices. Also a nice touch is how the Soundlink shuts off when you close the leather or cloth (depending on model) flap. It uses a magnet like the smart cover. Nice touch for the Jambox is you can take a call on it, while the Soundlink left that feature out.

Both are very nice. Best thing it to go listen and feel both.

Hope this helped.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: sprocket2107

oluv

May 24, 2012
Visit site
sorry, but it's just not true that the big jambox is more portable. in fact it has 30-35% more volume than the soundlink and about the same weight. the soundlink is pretty slim and has the form factor of a book so you can pack it even inside the smallest bags. i even carry it around in my jacket pocket.

soundwise the soundlink has the most emphasize on bass. if you like bass you will like the soundlink. the treble is a bit muffled, but when you listen to the soundlink outside the stronger bass is even an advantage as the music sounds really powerful not shrill. before i also had the logitech wireless boombox and this tended to sound thin when directly compared due to the more emphasized treble. it sounded better inside a room though, where the soundlink can sometimes start to sound boomy especially in smaller rooms.

the only real advantage the big jambox has over the soundlink is speakerphone ability, but i hardly used this feature on my normal jambox, so i wouldn't rate it too highly.

also bose's claim of battery life have always been quite conservative. i get about 12-15 hours out of mine at normal listening levels. you should get 6-8 hours if you cranked it up to the max. not sure how the big jambox battery life is rated regarding volume-level.

best would be if you listened to both side by side and choose the one you like better soundwise.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal