05-07-2012 02:25 PM
- Couple of days ago, my headphone jack was perfectly fine, but just yesterday it stopped working.
No matter how high the volume is, I can barely hear anything when I have my headphones plugged in, and whenever I plug in external speakers through the headphone jack, it is still VERY low sound.
The iPhone was never dropped and does not have water damage, it just started acting like that all of a sudden.
It is on iOS 5.0.1 if that changes anything..
Thank you for all the assistance in advance.04-21-2012 12:43 PM
- 04-21-2012 01:18 PM
- I can recheck if I still have the warranty, but my iPhone 4 has been opened to have the back plate replaced, so If I still have the warranty, I'll have to do get new screws and install them so Apple doesn't know I opened the iPhone.
But is there any other way, other than to open the iPhone and repair it? B/c it start acting like this all of a sudden, so I thought it could be fixed another way?04-24-2012 12:39 AM
- I see above that you have tried multiple inputs to check the volume, I would assume that you have tried various different methods of audio as well. (ie. Pandora, etc) to ensure that it isn't an issue with an app maybe?
If that all checks out then I would suggest taking it to the Apple Store, be honest and see what they can do for you. They are usually rather reasonable.04-24-2012 09:00 AM
- I took it Apple, they refused to touch it since it was Jailbroken (It was funny, and I knew they would do that), but the guy said If they can't troubleshoot it, they will charge me $150 to replace it since I have no warranty. So I brought the iPhone back home, and figured that I'll have to sell this phone and get a new one.
Few days ago I bought an iPhone 4S from a local store, and began reinstalling my cydia tweaks & mods into my newly bought iPhone 4S, few hours after everything was done, I plugged in the headphones into my iPhone 4S... and guess what? Same sound problem!
So I figured it had to be some Jailbreak tweak I installed that was messing with the headphone sound, so I began to uninstall the cydia tweaks that I remembered that I installed last from my iPhone 4 (not iPhone 4S), but after a while, I began to uninstall all possibly conflicting tweaks (except installous, winterboard and few other main tweaks). After all the possible uninstalls, I decided to do a complete restore on 5.0.1 again, and luckily, the sound started to work with the headphone jack.
The new Problem: I am trying to avoid the individual uninstall of my cydia tweaks to find the conflicting tweak and I can't save iPhone 4S's 5.0.1 SHSH, so if I restore, I won't be able to keep iOS 5.0.1, hence losing my jailbreak.
My question was that do you guys know of some tweaks that might cause this problem? So I can see if I have them installed and try removing them to see if the sound is back or not?
My 2nd choice would be: Since I can restore my iPhone 4 to 5.0.1, I could possibly reinstall the tweaks individually again, checking for sound every now & then, to find the problem as well, but that will be very time consuming!
Please try to see if you can help me out here
So I was wondering, if you guys knew any apps that could cause this type of problem?
Update: I reinstalled the tweaks individually on my iPhone 4, but the sound seems to be working perfectly at the moment
Last edited by Ishq786; 05-01-2012 at 06:42 PM.04-30-2012 06:19 PM
- The headphone jack on the iPhone 4 can be very temperamental. They can be affected by the slightest amount of moisture - so if you've been in the rain or even a humid room, it can start to rust the contacts inside the jack. It could just be lucky that it's working again - but if the problem persists, you may need to get the jack replaced. I am an iPhone screen repair specialist - so message me if you need any help! Apple is always your first port of call, though. Although you would have to get rid of the jailbreak before you took it to them.
Good luck!05-07-2012 02:25 PMLike 1
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD