Which screen protector?

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I really hated the regular Zagg screen protector. The orange peel feel drove me nuts and I ended up taking it off. A friend of mine got a new iPhone and had the new Zagg HD installed on it. I was very impressed how clear it was. Went to Best Buy the other day and got the new HD and had them install it. I love it. Very clear and it is hard to believe that I have one on my iPhone 4S. No orange peel and is smooth as glass. Having an HD put on my wife's iPhone 4S today. Totally sold on it. I never thought I would ever go back to Zagg. I am back and staying.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I know i've already posted in here about the 3pk from VzW sp's - but going back about 3, maybe 4wks ago being out in the nicer weather made it more difficult to see my screen with the glossy screen protector. I went to my Apple store here and purchased the 2pk of anti-glare sp's for $15 - i really like them!! I applied one to my screen & the hubby stole the other from me:p lol. I did buy a couple from my local AT&T shop before the Apple ones, but i wasnt too impressed with them.

For the few dollars more i'd rather go to Apple & get a better quality anti-glare sp;):) I would recommend them if you looking for the anti glare type;)

oh, and also just to add - they are fine with using a Mophie (sliding the phone in & out) as well as the Speck candy shells or the flip cases too!

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Does it work with the Speck Grip, which I just bought?
I can't seem to get the case on without having the screen protector pucker up at the corner to the point where I have to remove either the case or the protector.
Am I doing something wrong or do I just have the wrong screen protectors. I am using the ones that come with Incipio cases.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Does it work with the Speck Grip, which I just bought?
I can't seem to get the case on without having the screen protector pucker up at the corner to the point where I have to remove either the case or the protector.
Am I doing something wrong or do I just have the wrong screen protectors. I am using the ones that come with Incipio cases.

Cyber, I'm sorry I can't comment on how the screen prot behaves with the speck grip as I don't have one anymore.

As for are you doing something wrong putting the case on your phone & the screen prot is puckering up-I can't say. There really is no wrong way to put your phone into a speck case, including a grip. for the short time I had mine, It's just like putting it into a candyshell but with more flex. Idk what kind of sp's Incipio offers-the one case I have from them I never used the sp from them. It could be their type of sp. idk. ???

Just a suggestion-as for putting your phone into the speck grip - i'd say start at the top and insert the top portion of your phone, then work down putting one side in, then finish up by inserting the other side and bottom. Maybe that will help your sp from puckering up.

Last edited:

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Pink.
I may just go to the Apple store and have them install the screen protector that you got and have them put it in the case. I can never seen to apply them and have them look perfect.
Do you know which model you bought there, or are there different ones?
Thanks again,
Cyberpaw

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Cyber, I believe Apple only carries one type of sp's but just in case, the one I purchased is called Power Support HD anti glare for the 4/4S. The packaging is like a yellowish-brown mustard color. They stock them where all the covers for the 4/4S are....well at least at the stores in my area is where they have them. I installed mine on my own cuz I'm super anal on it being perfect but I'm sure one of the Genius' would do it for you :)

Reactions: cyberpaw

macsethi

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Any screen protector but the cheap ones. The ordinary protectors would affect the screen sensitivity and are almost useless.

chiragaegis

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I have always used the zagg invisible shield. It is very strong and durable, and if you do it right, your hardly ever notice it is there, the only downside is the difficulty of putting it on.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2