What kind of headphones are you using now?

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Are you actually using Apple earphones? I am, just because they look good, feel good, and have the mic.

But seriously want some headphones with some bass. Apple headphones sound like tin, d'you think?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I rarely listen to tunes on my iPhone, but when I do, I use the default Apple earbuds. They are sufficient for my use.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
the Apple earbuds are a complete joke. you'd think for $500+ you would get better quality headphones :rolleyes: the only thing i find them good for is when i go to resale my device i can advertise "headphones, never been used"

anyways, i am currently using the Jaybird Freedoms - Bluetooth Headphones (for mountain bike riding) Beats by Dr. Dre - Tour (for casual listening) worth every penny

I wouldn't call them a complete joke. I mean, you are able to listen to whatever it is you want to hear. Are they well made like some others? No. Do they produce deeper bass or clearer treble sounds like some others? To an audiophile, no, but to someone who simply expects to listen to what he or she wants to hear, the Apple earbuds are more than enough. ;)...in my opinion, of course.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

maxiang

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using my V-Moda Vibe II's. Great bass, great fit, decent mike, and ear hooks to keep them in my ears.
They had really bad reviews for reliability, so I took a chance buying them. I've had them for 2-3 years now :D

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a pair of the apple ones on my desk and carry a pair in my laptop bag. But I also carry my Blackberry earbuds around still as well as a backup. I have no issues to report with either of the brands. As I don't want to go deaf at an early age so bass is not an issue to me because of the type of music I listen to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gc916

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the Jaybird Freedom Bluetooth headphones. I have used Bose, Sony, and Skull Candy wired headphones, as well as the Motorola S9, and none of them come close to the Jaybird in terms of sound, comfort, and user-friendly controls.

The Freedoms paired easily with my iPhone 4S. Included are three sets of ear buds, as well as three sets of "cushions" for a custom fit that allow the ear buds to fit securely in my ears. When properly fitted, they also function as noise suppressors, effectively eliminating ambient noise.

Sound quality is, in my opinion, superior to all other ear buds I have used. Bass and treble seem to me to be well matched...I am hearing aspects of songs that I haven't noticed before. Fit is comfortable and secure. I used the Freedoms on a 20-mile bicycle ride today, and didn't need to adjust the fit once during the ride.

In addition, the Freedoms offer all the functions of the standard Apple ear buds...pause music, advance to next track, answer calls, etc.

If you are serious about exercise, you'll be happy to know that the Freedom headphones also have a lifetime "sweat proof" warranty.

The usual disclaimers apply...no affiliation, etc. Just a very satisfied customer.

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Im a stock Apple headphones guy. Love them, love them to death.

They are my personal all time favorite headphones to use.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(iPhone 4S, Tapatalk)

friskies64

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I bought my iPhone used from Fleabay so I can't compare my headphones to the stock headphones since I don't know what those sound like. I use the Zagg Smartbuds that I've owned since before I had a smartphone. I absolutely love them. They produce a good bass sound in my opionion, have a mic that works with iOS Voice Control (I have Voice Control disabled, though since I'm not into voice commands), can control music and volume with a remote on the cord, and are comfortable. They are $50 directly from Zagg, but Zagg releases a lot of promotions and coupons so you can probably get them cheaper. Just a quick online search or two and you should be able to find something. You can also search online on other stores like Amazon or Fleabay and you might find good prices there as well.

Bluecanary

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Currently rockin the Sennheiser HD 598s with the FIIO e11 amp. Looking to get some Klipsch image x10s for mobile use. PS From personal experience, beats are the biggest rip off on the market.

Ripjames

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I have a pair of motorola S10's that I use when I don't want to be bothered with a wire, and I would use the iPhone ones if they would stay in my ear, but i've always had that problem with earbuds of that type, I have a pair of beats in ear ear buds that I use most of the time.

matthew23

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
I've become kind of a headphone snob (an amateur audiophile, if you will) so my use depends on my mood.

For everyday use: V-Moda M-80s (on-ear) - very durable and comfortable. Puts anything mentioned on this thread so far here to shame.

Vanity iphone fanboy expensive pair: Bowers & Wilkins P5s. Very stylish and I love the natural sound. Very comfortable too - lined with New Zealand sheepskin and memory foam. Absolutely beautiful.

Sometimes: Klipsch Image One (on-ear) or s4is (my preferred earbuds). Comfortable once you get used to them and they have a great mic for the iphone (best mic out of anything mentioned)

My Ultimate Ears Triple10s are fantastic, although not as comfortable. Sound amazing.

I've also got a pair of incase Sonics (not my fav) and Klipsch s5i (rugged earbuds).

My favorite pair for lounging, not good for public are my Grado 60s. Amazing sound. Wow.

I am considering the Sennheiser Amperiors when they come out, but I am not sure.

I will never listen to the Apple earbuds again.

I know I have an obsession but I really like to hear my music. The reviews are only my opinion. To each their own. Try any pair of the above mentioned headphones though and if you are willing to part with a bit of $, you won't go back.

I agree with BlueCanary - Beats (and Bose to an extent) are the biggest ripoff headphones.

anotherxyz

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I use Skullcandy Titans, they were on sale on the best buy site. Originally $50 got them for $21, the sound quality is awesome and they came with a nice little carrying case. Love them

spinecho

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I use the apple earbuds on a regular basis. I love the mic for talking and for Siri.
I will agree as far as sound quality is concerned they are not the greatest.

Erieg

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
I tend to throw the Apple earbuds away within 10 minutes of opening the package. I tried out a bunch of different earphones and I finally realized I must be really, really picky.

I contacted some guys herre in town and purchased These. They sound great. Worth every penny.

Erieg

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711