What kind of headphones are you using now?

sticko

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I was using the Bose mie2i for work. I did a lot of flying and my job allowed me to listen to podcasts or music. I would have one ear piece in with the other tucked in my shirt. After 12 hours they were still comfortable. They are light and basically feel invisible. For planes, they suck. Let too much noise in so you can barely hear your audio. Very good if you need to hear somebody call your name, though. For actual music, I have the Koss PortaPro. By many accounts/reviews it is a great pair.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I used the Zagg Smartbuds for years but this year, I've already gone through 3 sets and that just upsets me. Poor quality.

I got a pair of Plantronics Backbeat Go 2 earbuds earlier this week and they're just what I need!

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Used the apple earphones/earbuds since the start (4s, 5, 5s). Now using the LG Tone Pro for almost six months. Love them!

Excuse my thumbs as they tap away on my "6" #SwipeLife

mrjoeltan

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Right now I'm using the Bowers &Wilkins P7's. And they are amazing. to me, they are way better than beats. Why? Because there isn't an outrageous amount of bass, but more than enough to have that bass feeling there, and the quality of music is amazing.

Denty091

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I am using Superlux hd381b. It only cost $12, and sounded like a $60 earphone!! It doesn't look good and it doesn't have microphone, but it has nice sound. Best $12 spent on anything ever.

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I have just used the apple buds that came with my phone. And, while I'm not super savvy with sound quality, I got these and found that for the price, they were a steal. They're cheap and comfortable - and I think they sound ok?

I just always break mine so I need something I can replace pretty often without making a huge dent in my pocket. Does anyone else have trouble with all their earbuds breaking out due to some internal wire connectivity?

Last edited by a moderator:

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I wish the Apple EarPods fit my ears. They just won't stay in at all. I guess I have small ear canals or something. I need custom made like they do hearing aids.

Sent from from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Foam circle covers I get from Radio Shack do wonders to help them stay in and in a way stay clean.

As for all the other comments. I'm looking for more noise isolation and good call making quality. My trials are finding the Apple units surprisingly good for the money.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I got a Bowers & Wilkins P5 series 2 set after a bunch of homework, some shopping and trials. They're so nice in so many ways.

-Very pleasant sound for all sorts of music and spoken words.
-Super comfy and adjustable.
-Works better with glasses frames than some I tried.
-Service aspects such as replacement cables, only one cable.
-Super fold and carry.

These are as great for home listening as they are for fitting in my computer bag which is my professional life.

Something to note about their being a neutral tone compared to some popular headphones. The tone options in your iPhone will bring on the bass, brighten them up or tone them down with more satisfaction and ease than I found with other phones and setting the tone differently for them.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm still using the earbuds I picked up at Dollar General for $10. They sound great for music, but not so much for apps like iHear. But I get my new hearing aids tomorrow.

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using the earbuds I picked up at Dollar General for $10. They sound great for music, but not so much for apps like iHear. But I get my new hearing aids tomorrow.

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Sure I just bought premium on ear models, but I've found several OEM and inexpensive buds and headphones to be very good. It makes some testing and homework worth your time.

Koss PortaPro models have sound that should make many firms embarrassed. Still, I'm happy with my hard decision to pay the ticket for the B&W P5 series 2.

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am a headphone junky... So much so that I have backups of my regular use ones so if something happens I have a spare.

Everyday listening, Powerbeats2 Wireless (White primary and black backups) I use these to listen to podcasts and music during the day at work and on non exercise walks.

Gym listening, Jaybird BlueBudX (White primary and camo backups) I use Comply foam ear tips on them to make them fit even better than they normally do. These things are awesome... I even got a pair for my wife for the gym

Car and extended calls (Work calls etc) Plantronics Voyager Edge. No back ups for this one though.

Speaker for group listening and conference calls, Jawbone Jambox, Jabra Solemate and Jabra puck speaker phone.

Plane travel, Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Canceling headphones

Corded headphones, Bose InEar Sound sports. These are great for running because they allow outside noises to come through so you can hear cars etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro