tiltpod review - world's smallest magnetic articulating iPhone stand

EricS

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I am part of a three person product design team based in San Francisco. We recently launched a product on Kickstarter and would be great to have someone here post an independent review and provide us with feedback.

The key chain design incorporates a detachable magnetic stand that allows an iPhone to rotate and tilt to any number of angles. The underside of the tiltpod?s base is made of a grippy material, so it holds on uneven surfaces, wood, rocks, you name it. Since the base is magnetic, it also sticks to inclined metal surfaces such as cars, metal fence posts, or even refrigerator doors! The tiltpod also comes with adapters that work with compact cameras and flip-style video recorders.

The Kickstarter page can be found here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1135391070/the-tiltpod-worlds-smallest-articulating-iphone-ba

tiltpod_iphone4S_bridge_xxlr.jpg

Please message me if your interested!

Thanks!
- Eric

Last edited:

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I dig that, but does it work with a hard case? Because if I have to take my case off, I won't use it much.

Reactions: EricS

EricS

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I dig that, but does it work with a hard case? Because if I have to take my case off, I won't use it much.

Thanks Ame for your question - The many different shapes and sizes of cases make it a real challenge to keep the adapter small and and still provide a snug fit. The current design fits a 'naked' iPhone 4/4S (film-style screen savers still fit). The universal stick-on pivot can be used on many hard cases, but it can not be removed and reapplied.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
that's pretty slick. Question about the video.. I see on one shot they used a timer for the camera. How do you do this? was this the stock camera application or something else?

Reactions: EricS

EricS

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
that's pretty slick. Question about the video.. I see on one shot they used a timer for the camera. How do you do this? was this the stock camera application or something else?

Thanks! Glad you like it! There are a few free timer apps available that we list on the kickstart page. The one in the video is Camera + ($1.99) but Camera Awesome is our current favorite (and free).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73