[Question] Charging iPhone + Mophie Juice Pack Plus

reginald_1986

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Sorry for asking this. I thought of this yesterday night. Wonder if this is a good 'charging' method. I am using Mophie Juice Pack Plus and what I do for charging is:

1. iPhone battery runs down to 30-40% - turn on charging.
2. Charge until 90%+ and turn Mophie off.
3. At night, charge Mophie with iphone fixed in until morning.

Is this a good charging method? Just curious as I am pretty lazy to keep removing my mophie casing.

Please advise :)

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
If you check out the mophie website, they suggest turning on your mophie when your battery is between 10-20%. Then charge to at least 80% before turning off, and know that using the phone while charging uses up more of the charging source's power. Charging it at night while on the phone is fine. It will charge the phone first, then the mophie. Of course charging them separately will allow them both to charge if you're short on time. :)

Last edited:

reginald_1986

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
If you check out the mophie website, they suggest turning on your mophie when your battery is between 10-20%.

Hi there! Thanks for the reply :D Appreciate that.

Right right. So now, 10-20%. Gees...totally forgotten about the official website.

Mind I ask how is your charging method for Mophie? Do you charge them with your iPhone or seperately?

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi! Sorry about that. I accidentally hit "send" before I finished typing, lol. Went back and completed my reply.

I prefer charging them separately, twice as fast. :) I use the mophie when out and about and a Candyshell flip while at home for easy swapping out.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I think mophie also says that charging after 80% takes longer to reach a full charge, which is why they suggest turning off anytime after 80%.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I charge the separately. I've noticed my phone gets a longer charge when charged using the apple cable. Could just be my imagination though.

reginald_1986

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Cool guys thanks for the information. I usually runs the battery from mid range to close to full. Hmm

Since I only have 1 battery case, I usually have mophie fixed in all the time. Yes and I am lazy :)

Also, I think I saw you at BB forum (Pcgirl) as I am an ex 9700 user!

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Cool guys thanks for the information. I usually runs the battery from mid range to close to full. Hmm

Since I only have 1 battery case, I usually have mophie fixed in all the time. Yes and I am lazy :)

Also, I think I saw you at BB forum (Pcgirl) as I am an ex 9700 user!

Hi!

You're welcome! And yes, I was PCgirl on CB.com and BBForums. Was a diehard BlackBerry fan. Loved the 9700 but the OS 6 update ruined it for me!

Switched usernames because the former name no longer applies! We've converted to all-Apple, all the time, LOL!

Now I'm a diehard Apple, Speck, Mophie and Otterbox fan. If you haven't already, come join the party at the Cases for 4S thread. ;)

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-accessories/219409-cases-iphone-4s.html

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Reginald, I thought I recognized your user name from CB also :) I remember you did 2 nice write ups, one for bbsak & the other for app loader for newbs loading an OS onto a bb !! That is you right? Lol.

I was P1nkD1am0nds changed to iPinkk there.

reginald_1986

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Reginald, I thought I recognized your user name from CB also :) I remember you did 2 nice write ups, one for bbsak & the other for app loader for newbs loading an OS onto a bb !! That is you right? Lol.

I was P1nkD1am0nds changed to iPinkk there.

Holy cow (again)! Hey ya! How are you! Man! It felt forever and yes its me :)

It wasn't great but just to help out others hehe.

Appreciate your reply on this and hey, I got a feeling we are going to meet up here a lot!

Haha!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Holy cow (again)! Hey ya! How are you! Man! It felt forever and yes its me :)

It wasn't great but just to help out others hehe.

Appreciate your reply on this and hey, I got a feeling we are going to meet up here a lot!

Haha!

:) i'm doing good, left the bb world behind in Nov. TG !! lol. had enough of os6, mem leaks & batt pulls:p

Glad to see you here as well, i love my iPhone - i'm sure you'll enjoy it as well. Smooth running iOS that just works;) what a concept LOL !!

See ya around on here:)

reginald_1986

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
:) i'm doing good, left the bb world behind in Nov. TG !! lol. had enough of os6, mem leaks & batt pulls:p

Glad to see you here as well, i love my iPhone - i'm sure you'll enjoy it as well. Smooth running iOS that just works;) what a concept LOL !!

See ya around on here:)

Agreed :) I left BB in June and was with Android until Feb 2012. Haha and yes I love iPhone!

xkon

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
The mophie case is awesome. I usually will charge them both up then leave mophie on and hold phone full charge. That way when mophie is spent I plug it in and have a fully charged iPhone. Also handy later when it's charged and the iPhone is dead.. I'll let it charge the iPhone.

Os6.. Ugh on a 9700 was nightmare. But still better than a torch!

reginald_1986

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The mophie case is awesome. I usually will charge them both up then leave mophie on and hold phone full charge. That way when mophie is spent I plug it in and have a fully charged iPhone. Also handy later when it's charged and the iPhone is dead.. I'll let it charge the iPhone.

Os6.. Ugh on a 9700 was nightmare. But still better than a torch!

Whoa! You are from bb as well. All I could remember is the crazy battery pull!

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I normally charge both the same time. I have you all beat I am a former storm 2 user.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk

bujin

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Do you guys keep the Mophie on your phone as a full time case? I leave mine naked, with my Mophie in my briefcase, until my power runs low and then put it on.

reginald_1986

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I normally charge both the same time. I have you all beat I am a former storm 2 user.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk

Cool thanks for the reply buddy!

Do you guys keep the Mophie on your phone as a full time case? I leave mine naked, with my Mophie in my briefcase, until my power runs low and then put it on.

It really depends. I usually keep them together as I felt taking in and out too often might damage the clip. However, I love my phone nakes but plan to buy maybe a new casing shortly :D

So to answer your question, 80% of the time is fixed together and only on weekends where I will take it off.

itechyou

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I use the Mophie juice pack plus and how I use it is I let it run as primary source of juice for the iPhone until the Juice pack is dead and then use the iPhone battery. It seems to last longer this way for me. I love the case though and usually leave it on the phone

reginald_1986

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I use the Mophie juice pack plus and how I use it is I let it run as primary source of juice for the iPhone until the Juice pack is dead and then use the iPhone battery. It seems to last longer this way for me. I love the case though and usually leave it on the phone

Great! I try not to run my Mophie Juice Pack until zero unless on weekend for full charge. I usualyl run down until I feel is 10% of less on daily.

This means that:

iPhone 100% to 20-30%.
Mophie turned on and charged til 90% or so.

Enough for battery to run until I am back home XD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro