Sports Headphone Suggestions

g8slord

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4s and would like to purchase some sports headphones for outdoor exercise and the gym. These need to be durable and sweat proof and I would like to have the 3 button remote for answering calls and use of voice commands (Siri, changing play lists, etc..). Any suggestions?

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Motorola S9-HD

Very long battery life, Bluetooth, lightweight.

I run with them all the time, sweat has never been a problem.

There are 6 buttons (7 including Power):

Volume Up & Down
Phone
Forward & Back for music
Play/Pause

About $89

g8slord

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Motorola S9-HD

Very long battery life, Bluetooth, lightweight.

I run with them all the time, sweat has never been a problem.

There are 6 buttons (7 including Power):

Volume Up & Down
Phone
Forward & Back for music
Play/Pause

About $89

I do like the S9-HD, I have 2 sets ($59 from Newegg), but I find that they cut out a lot with my phone in my pocket, perhaps I need to just bite the bullet and take it out of the case and put it in an arm strap. But I agree that it is very good sound quality for a bluetooth device. I may even be able to live with the cutting out if it responded to voice commands. I guess that is the feature I am looking for. It is nice to be able to answer txt, calls, and even switch play lists without getting the phone out of my pocket.

Young Money

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Get the Jaybird Freedom headphones, I lift weights every morning and run plyometric courses, which is to say, I sweat ALOT! The Jaybird headphones are sweat proof, have great sound, and are extremely minimalistic in design. Battery lasts 10 hours with straight continuous use, great headphones.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
added info

Get the Jaybird Freedom headphones, I lift weights every morning and run plyometric courses, which is to say, I sweat ALOT! The Jaybird headphones are sweat proof, have great sound, and are extremely minimalistic in design. Battery lasts 10 hours with straight continuous use, great headphones.

+1 for the Jaybird Freedom headphones. i have been contemplating on getting these since i go mountain bike riding often. i'll probably purchase them soon

here's a pretty funny commercial about them :)

here are some Best Buy reviews:

JayBird - Freedom Bluetooth Earbud Headphones - JF3MB

Last edited:

g8slord

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

I have been looking at these, how is the build quality and comfort?

Young Money

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Build quality is great, just feeling the item allows you tell that the materials used aren't cheap, I've dropped them (and purposely tossed them) quite a few times and they still work great. They do come with their own carrying case which I love; it allows me to place them in the case and toss them in my gym bag without fear of the other items inside smashing them. As far as comfort while wearing them, they have different sizes for earbuds so you choose whatever feels comfortable. Aside from that what I really love is this "hook" looking earpiece that "hooks" inside of your ear canal (hate it when they hook around the outer portion of the ear) which makes them fit really snug and comfortable, they never fall out unless I pull them out. I'm telling you, they are going to be exactly what your looking for, plus if you buy them online you can insert a coupon code for 10% off :)

tipper32

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Build quality is great, just feeling the item allows you tell that the materials used aren't cheap, I've dropped them (and purposely tossed them) quite a few times and they still work great. They do come with their own carrying case which I love; it allows me to place them in the case and toss them in my gym bag without fear of the other items inside smashing them. As far as comfort while wearing them, they have different sizes for earbuds so you choose whatever feels comfortable. Aside from that what I really love is this "hook" looking earpiece that "hooks" inside of your ear canal (hate it when they hook around the outer portion of the ear) which makes them fit really snug and comfortable, they never fall out unless I pull them out. I'm telling you, they are going to be exactly what your looking for, plus if you buy them online you can insert a coupon code for 10% off :)

Totally agree with you!! I got the same tip from my thread about bluetooth ear buds!! Thanks for the reinforcement!!! really debating to buy them or not!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

i read one review where someone was having issues with the audio cutting in & out when their device was in their pocket. when i go mountain bike riding i have my device in my CamelBack pack so that should not be an issue but i was wondering about the "in the pocket" scenario. TIA

Young Money

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I carry my phone in a casellet case in my front right pocket, never had any issues with cutting out; when I skate to class I keep the phone in the same case but inside my backpack, again no sound cutting issues

g8slord

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i read one review where someone was having issues with the audio cutting in & out when their device was in their pocket. when i go mountain bike riding i have my device in my CamelBack pack so that should not be an issue but i was wondering about the "in the pocket" scenario. TIA

Yeah I saw that also, I have SD9s that do the same thing. Jus the nature of bluetooth I think. Gonna have to break down and stick it in an arm band I guess :)

Young Money

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Do they have any function for voice controls to switch play lists or siri type stuff?

They do have a built in microphone, so you can run Siri commands through the mic to control your music, but to me it doesn't seem as streamlined as just pressing and holding the "volume up" button to skip forwards and vise versa to skip back

g8slord

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Just buy them, if you don't end up liking them, you return them. Trust me you won't, they're pretty bad a$$

Bought them and the sounds quality and comfort rocks! Problem is that is does not recognize any of my voice commands. If I tell it to play a different artist it starts calling people in my contact list. A little dissapointing. Can't decide if I am going to keep them or not.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i ended up buying them as well (last weekend) and they are as advertised. battery life is spot on too

still testing to see if i am going to keep them or not

g8slord

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i ended up buying them as well (last weekend) and they are as advertised. battery life is spot on too

still testing to see if i am going to keep them or not

Were you able to get the voice commands to work? I say Play "insert artist here" and it dials random numbers from my contact list. This works on other headsets. Shame cause I love the sound on these..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234