Help Deciding Which Case

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, well I recently acquired a $25 Apple gift card, and really didn't know what to get with it. I usually get all of my accessories from Amazon as it's a lot cheaper. But since it's for $25 I figured it'd be a good chance to get a more expensive type case for my iPhone and pay little out of pocket. I currently have an OtterBox Defender on my iPhone 4, and I also have the Capsule Rebel by SwitchEasy, and a slider case by Elago - as well as some lower end off brand cases.

I have not used a wallet-style case before, but I've always liked the look of the BookBook case, but just couldn't see spending so much for it. Some people talk about the practicality of it, so I'm kinda undecided. But, with this style of case I've narrowed it down to two - the BookBook or the Hex Code Wallet case ... The Hex is $10 cheaper and has an elastic strap (like a moleskin, I suppose). I wish the Apple site had a little more selection of cases, but oh well. Has anyone had any experience with either of these two cases? Thanks in advance.

HEX Code Wallet Case for iPhone 4 - Apple Store (U.S.)

Twelve South BookBook Case for iPhone 4S - Apple Store (U.S.)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You can find detailed reviews on the cases you mentioned here in the Accessories forum, where I've moved your thread.

Personally, for a $25 Apple certificate, I'd invest in spare sync/charge cords.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Personally, for a $25 Apple certificate, I'd invest in spare sync/charge cords.

This. I have a sync cord in my truck for charging, one at work and one at home. I learned the hard way last year after a 4 day power outage to always have a spare cord to have a way to charge your phone when your power is out. For $9, I bought an adapter from Wal-Mart that lets me use my sync cable in my truck to charge my phone. :)

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I already have plenty of sync cables .. I have about 7 of them, including one that's 10 ft long. So I've got that covered, even have some I don't even use. I actually found a similar (better, IMHO) case to those two for about $10 on Amazon, which came out cheaper than these on Apple would have even with my gift card. The only other thing I can probably get use out of is the $15 screen protectors for anti-glare ... I've used those before, so I guess I'll get em again.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I already have plenty of sync cables .. I have about 7 of them, including one that's 10 ft long. So I've got that covered, even have some I don't even use. I actually found a similar (better, IMHO) case to those two for about $10 on Amazon, which came out cheaper than these on Apple would have even with my gift card. The only other thing I can probably get use out of is the $15 screen protectors for anti-glare ... I've used those before, so I guess I'll get em again.

Which case are you looking at? I just picked up a Ballistics case on Amazon for < $10. I love it. You can see pictures and my review of it in the cases for iPhone4s thread.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2