Yoobao Smart Case

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
The new iPad fits the Yoobao iPad 2 case perfectly and seems to work fine except the 'smart' is gone. That is, when I shut the case, the iPad does not shut off implying that the magnetic switch on the new iPad is in a different place (or deleted entirely) compared to the iPad 2.

Can someone inform is this nice shutoff feature has been deleted or moved or what?

Big Dookie

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
There have been several reports of this kind of thing. It appears that many of the third-party "smart" cases either work only intermittently now or don't work altogether.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I have a new case ordered which is specific to the new iPad. I hope the smart feature works. It's one of those minor things which, now that I've lost it, I really miss.

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a Marware CEO case made for the 3. It doesn't work either. I have emailed their support for help but then read in a few places that this issue is happening to 3rd party cases and older apple smart covers.

I posted in the support forum earlier to see if anyone has more details.

decarlo4

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the Targus Vuscape case for the "new" iPad and the sleep mode(magnetic shut off) works just fine when I close my case.

Sent from my "new" iPad using Tapatalk

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the Yoobao for the New iPad on order. Should be here on Thursday. I expect the magnet has been revised to work properly. Meanwhile my old Yoobao is down the road with the iPad 2.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR