the New iPad smart cover/magnetic lock issue

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
So i just got my new ipad via FedEx and discovered that my INVELLOP case that used to work perfectly with my ipad 2 doesn't lock the new ipad... I also found a thread where people talk about this issue. So i called apple CS. and the guy told me that old covers wont work with the new ipad because it requires to have a much stronger magnet due to the new display modifications. Now comes the interesting part: i asked the guy what should I do with my three week old cover for which i paid $25 throw it to the garbage? he apologized and setup an order for a FREE black leather smartcover (which retails i believe for $60) specifically designed for the new ipad. So are any of you guys experiencing issues with their old smartcovers or third party cases?

dalvik

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
well i finally got home and tested it with my wife's buxton ipad cover which i bought at staples. it works only if I place the cover at certain position so that the magnets would match the ones inside the ipad's bezel. which actually proves the words of apple's CS rep. and not all people seem to have that issue. anyway getting a free $60 leather smartcover is a wonderful present to go with my new ipad from apple's excellent CS.

Penique

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Smart Cover from "old" iPad2 works fine on my "new" iPad. So does the CoverBuddy back cover. Also fits just fine In my Maroo case. I'm happy I don't need to add any more cases!

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I bought the only case that Best Buy had which is a Targus Slim case. It fits perfect but the magnets don't work. I went on amazon and saw lots of reviews of people having the same issue. I am afraid to buy any other cases until this is resolved. I like the apple smart cover but did not love it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73