Headphone Volume

ring o fire

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
On my iPhone 4s it seems that the volume of my headphones are not very loud. When I am at the gym or on the train heading home I can sometimes hardly the music over what is going on around me, which is very annoying. I can't remember ever having this issue with my 3GS.

I have checked my volume and EQ settings and I have not noticed any changes.

Any help would be appreciated.

CavemanOOGA

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Is the onscreen volume indicator showing its maxed out? If so, try another pair of headphones and see if the headphones are faulty.

If the problem persists, try doing a restore and see if that does anything. REMEMBER TO BACKUP FIRST!

If the problem STILL persists, you may just have a faulty headphone jack... Or possibly water damage in the headphone jack itself. If that's the case, take it into an Apple store and get yourself a new one.

ring o fire

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I have not done a restore, but tried all the other options. I don't think water damage is a possible theory...Anyone else have this problem?

pebacher

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Call volume OK - Can't hear dialing tones

My headset volume is OK during a call but I can barely hear the tones when I dial numbers on the pad. I cannot find any separate volume control for this. Any suggestions?

ring o fire

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info and I have done all of this stuff. My volume under Settings>Music>Volume Limit is all the way up, and is not locked. The EQ is turned off and I have tried other EQ settings with no change. I thought I was doing something wrong but it seems that this is just the way it is.

When I am in a call I can hear the caller somewhat well unless I am on the train riding home or something like that.

My music is so low that when I am at the gym and I can hear the music being played in the gym over my headphones.

Listening to Pandora is even worse...I know that the quality of music on Pandora is going to be noticeably less versus the music on my phone.

Simbadda

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I also have this problem when i'm listening to music, and watching videos. When i receive a message in whatsapp, the volume goes all the way up. Then the volume goes low again.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

mdelaney1986

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I had iPhone 4s and 5s now and alike these devices have quite powerful headphone outputs. if you find your 4s is not loud enough with headphones either the device or headphones are likely defective.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox