Mophie Juice Pack Won't Charge My Iphone 4S too

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
Hello!

I just got a Mophie Juice Pack Plus for my iPhone 4S. Did I understand it correctly in that if I have my iPhone IN the case and plug it up to the computer to charge, that it will charge both the iPhone and my case at the same time? I thought that's what it said, but my phone is in the case and the case is charging, but my phone isn't doing anything. I know that once the case is fully charged that I can switch on the power and it will charge my phone, but I thought the purpose was to start out with two fully charged batteries. Am I wrong? Or does it charge the case first, THEN charge the phone? Which again would add to total charge time, but that's ok, I just wanted to check. Thanks for any help!

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think you have to have the case powered on so you can charged both case and phone while it's plugged in.

Via Tapatalk

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks so much for the reply!

I've tried it both ways - with the pack powered on to send power to the phone, and with it turned off thinking that perhaps that was the correct way to do it. Neither way sent power to my phone. Then I thought that since I let my juice pack battery run down pretty low in order to optimize it, that maybe it needed to charge up a little in order to start sending power to the phone. I left it plugged up that way for an hour, and my phone never started charging, although the pack kept charging just fine. So I'm just not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if I completely misunderstood what they said it would do!

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Outlet will be faster. If it completely charges mophie first, press the bottom button. If all lights light up, the mophie is completely charged and the outlet is charging the phone. I keep the mophie on all ways, and charge them both at the same time every night with an outlet.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
The battery pack isn't switched off in the juice pack is it ? There is that toggle remember to turn it on and off from the device

mophiehelp

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey Jenn,

Sorry about you case. The case and your iPhone should be charging at the same time. We have a 1 year warranty on all our products, just fill out this form and our tech support will contact you as soon as possible. www[dot]mophie[dot]com/ts

- Katie at mophie.

Last edited:

Archer1123

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
My warranty ran out in July 2012. The Mophie stooped charging about 3 months later :(. Now all I have is an expensive case. Not impressed with the product.

Stef3anie

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I think you have to have the case powered on so you can charged both case and phone while it's plugged in.
18.jpg

13.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

donemt

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
My warranty ran out in July 2012. The Mophie stooped charging about 3 months later :(. Now all I have is an expensive case. Not impressed with the product.

The Mophie is rated for about 500 full cycle charges for the iPhones and states so both on their site and in the handbook in the case's box. Since they have a manufacturers warranty of one year and you say that yours ran out in 2012 it's almost four years old and probably past the 500 cycle limit.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The Mophie is rated for about 500 full cycle charges for the iPhones and states so both on their site and in the handbook in the case's box. Since they have a manufacturers warranty of one year and you say that yours ran out in 2012 it's almost four years old and probably past the 500 cycle limit.

Do you realize this thread is from 2012.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2