New aluminum bumper for my 4S...

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I never liked the square edge feel of the 4S (liked the curvy feel of my old 3GS better). This aluminum bumper I got recently gave me the curves back. Lol. Love the look and solid feel....

What do y'all think?... :)

2qvun2w.jpg

2cmrw91.jpg

m7q9so.jpg

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:)Wow, very nice looking indeed !! Enjoy !!

Also, where did you find it, price range & were there other colors avail? It reminds me of a curvy vapor comp:). Does it interfere with your reception at all either?

Last edited:

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys. It's real easy to put on actually. The bumper comes in 2 pieces. You just slide the phone into one side, slide the other side on, and then in the second picture I posted above, you can see 2 black allen screws that secure the 2 aluminum pieces together. The bumper comes with the screws and Allen key. It also comes with 4 foam pads that you just stick inside the 4 corners of the bumper (to give the phone some cusion if you drop the phone.

I friggen love this bumper. It looks so slick IMHO.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
:)Wow, very nice looking indeed !! Enjoy !!

Also, where did you find it, price range & were there other colors avail? It reminds me of a curvy vapor comp:). Does it interfere with your reception at all either?

Thanks. The genuine ones are actually about $100, and they are from Japan, but there are a lot of knockoffs on eBay. The one I have on is probably a knockoff cause I got mine on eBay for around $30, but it sure seems solid and nice to me. It's called the Deff Cleave aluminum bumper and they come in several colors including red, pink, white, blue, black, orange, gold, and mine...bronze. I'm sure there's other colors too.

I've heard some of the knockoffs do lessen your reception signal a bit, but the one I got did not mess up my reception at all. Whew. Love it!

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. The genuine ones are actually about $100, and they are from Japan, but there are a lot of knockoffs on eBay. The one I have on is probably a knockoff cause I got mine on eBay for around $30, but it sure seems solid and nice to me. It's called the Deff Cleave aluminum bumper and they come in several colors including red, pink, white, blue, black, orange, gold, and mine...bronze. I'm sure there's other colors too.

I've heard some of the knockoffs do lessen your reception signal a bit, but the one I got did not mess up my reception at all. Whew. Love it!

Ok thanks for the info iBoxtaboy. I've been thinking about getting a pink Vap comp in the near future to use on occasion, but I'm not to sure I want to spend close to a buck thirty for it. I'll do some "googling" and "binging" to see what I can find about this one you posted about:)

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
When you remove it (in time) let us know if there are marks on the device itself...

Sure thing. It's in there pretty solid...no sliding around with the pads inserted. However, I suppose if one is really worried about scratches, you can put scotch tape around the sides before putting the bumper on.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
It's not huge at all. It's very low profile, and because of the curves/angles, makes it look very thin. One thing I don't like about the Vapor bumpers are that they aren't symmetrical. One side has those round corners that protrude, whereas the other side doesn't. The Cleave is symmetrical, with curves on both sides. Just looks sleek IMO.

Also, it's very easy to hold, especially when held in landscape mode when you type. Your index fingers nicely wrap the curves at each side.

Last edited:

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks for the info iBoxtaboy. I've been thinking about getting a pink Vap comp in the near future to use on occasion, but I'm not to sure I want to spend close to a buck thirty for it. I'll do some "googling" and "binging" to see what I can find about this one you posted about:)

You have to be careful with the knockoffs - a friend saw my Vapor Comp and ordered one on the cheap and man oh man - signal loss and marks on the antenna were the result. He dropped the $120 pretty quick after that - you definitely get what you pay for.

The wierd thing was that the signal loss wasn't off the bat, it started doing it about 4 days after he put it on.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
You have to be careful with the knockoffs - a friend saw my Vapor Comp and ordered one on the cheap and man oh man - signal loss and marks on the antenna were the result. He dropped the $120 pretty quick after that - you definitely get what you pay for.

The wierd thing was that the signal loss wasn't off the bat, it started doing it about 4 days after he put it on.

I understand what your saying Reenee. I did a little googling last night, but didn't look to far into it. But that was why I asked what the name of the case was so I could check it out further before *maybe* making a purchase. If I'm not happy or unsatisfied with answers I find I'll just skip on it and wait to get the Vap comp in the near future. Thanks for the info also, I appreciate it:)

Reactions: reeneebob

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
So far, no loss in reception. :D

How long have you had the bumper on your phone for so far?

Also, when i googled last night, i did see that Amazon had a pink one--but idk if theres any shennanigans i should be worried about. Where did you buy yours from? the one on Amazon was about $30 if i recall correctly.

iBoxtaboy

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I've only had the bumper on 2 days, but so far no loss in reception. I'm at work now and have 4 bars...which is what I normally have here even without a case. I got mine from eBay for $33.95 shipped.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I've only had the bumper on 2 days, but so far no loss in reception. I'm at work now and have 4 bars...which is what I normally have here even without a case. I got mine from eBay for $33.95 shipped.

ok, thanks for the info iBoxtaboy. i'm just gonna wait it out for now, and see how you do with it:)