Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

5 Posts
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Default About those lenses with magnetic rings

For those who have tried them, are they any good? I saw them on Photojojo and some on eBay too, I'm thinking of getting one but I am not sure yet.
    Also, how do they compare to the Olloclip? I guessing it should be the same quality...
    I was also wondering if it will fit with a bumper on or the Case-Mate Barely There case (as it has a large cutout for the camera)?

Thank you for reading
    iMore Guru

1,837 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,687 Global Posts

Olloclip is not magnetic. It just slides on. And I can't speak for the Photojojo stuff, but the Olloclip doesn't work with any case, and doesn't work with most screen protectors either, it ripped my Zaggs right off. It works ok with the Power Support matte ones from Apple stores, but you have to sometimes push them back down again.

Also--I need to add to my review of this, but my camera hasn't been a great focuser since I used the Olloclip with it.
    iMore Genius

10,934 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

I had a lens with a magnetic ring back with my 3GS. Loved it. It came with several rings, so I put them on a few cases.

Now I'm using strictly the Easy Macro lens (I haven't found anything decent for distance), and it's totally awesome and works with any case on any phone. Hit the link in my sig for a full review.