Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

89 Posts
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts

Default Extended Batteries

Does anyone use an extended battery/case? If so, which one do you use and which one should I get if I am in the market for one?
    iMore Pro

578 Posts
    Global Posts
    743 Global Posts

I had the Mophie Juice Pack Air case a while back but ended up returning it. The case adds some bulk/weight to the phone but actually was not too bad. It comes with 1500 mAh battery built in (as opposed the Plus case which comes with a 2000 mAh battery) which when switched on would power up my iPhone's battery to about 75% if I drained it down all the way. These extended battery cases to me are more for the power users/travelers of which camps I do not fall into. I'm a moderate user @ best and am always near some outlet to charge during the day if necessary (which is never the case).It's around $80 ($100 for the Plus). Here's a link to a YouTube clip on it:

iMore Expert

804 Posts
    Global Posts
    969 Global Posts

I've tried them all and after a day I ended up returning it because of the bulkiness.
    iMore Intermediate

338 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts

I have JuicePack Air from purchased from Apple Store (distinction matters because aesthetics -color configurations and shape of the case does differ outside Apple). Matter of personal preference- important to know there *is* a difference so you can compare & make your own choice. Price is the same.

Moving on, I've been using for a couple of weeks and really like it. Need it only for travel, but like it enough to use more or less daily. I'm the chick who fills up the car whenever tank dips below 2/3 full; I am the same about having phone juiced as fully as possible, just in case... I do use it without case for some chunk of each day. Usually evening/overnight while the JuicePack charges separately. Like the phone both ways - cased and nude- so I manage to get some of both in each day.
    Last edited by Rocket_Girl; 02-20-2012 at 10:35 AM.