Lucky Labs Teksure Carbon Fiber Skin

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I am currently using an Otterbox Defender but my skin arrived yesterday. Would there be any adverse effects of me putting on the skin then putting my 4 back in the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
depending on how thick the LL's skin is, it may make putting the defender shell back on your phone really really snug, OR it may not snap closed at all.

Suggestion: before actually applying the skin, dont peel off the backing to it but place it in position on the back of your phone and then try putting your phone in the defender shell and see if it'll snap shut:)

This way if its too snug with the LL's skin on, at least you didn't take the time to apply it and find out you cant still use your defender:)

Hopefully it'll work out for you !!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I think I'll just wait until the urge to go naked strikes me again. Then I put the skin on.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't take it anymore so I pulled my Defender off to put on the carbon fiber skin. I laid it on perfectly the first time. It does seem to fit back into the Otterbox with the skin on. I might still pull it off and put the Defender back on because I like the weight it adds. Feels like I'll drop my 4 just because of how light it is. Lol

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't take it anymore so I pulled my Defender off to put on the carbon fiber skin. I laid it on perfectly the first time. It does seem to fit back into the Otterbox with the skin on. I might still pull it off and put the Defender back on because I like the weight it adds. Feels like I'll drop my 4 just because of how light it is. Lol

I know exactly what you mean about the ob defender and the weight it adds to the iphone. its a nice combo.

I have to agree, when i do use a minimal case like the ifrogz ultra lean on my phone, its sooooo damn light--like you said--it feels like its going to slip out of my hand and drop the thing!! I actually was on the LL's website just before checking out the white fiber skin to pair up with the hot pink rim around the phone......but i decided against it because i really don't like letting my phone go naked at all, and well, that would be just as close to naked as it would get LOL.

I'll stick with my various choices of cases to switch off of daily--but i can say, i always go back to my defenders;):) LOVE those !!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I must've installed the skin too well because I can't find a lip to peel it off. Lol

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yep, that didn't last long. I finally got the skin off and I'm back in my Defender. Lol

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yep, that didn't last long. I finally got the skin off and I'm back in my Defender. Lol

LOL !! ahhh...mistah mumford you cracked me up with that !! :D that was indeed short lived:p

:)ok, well, as least your iphone is all cozy, safe & warm in its little defender case:)
(i know sounds crazy, but thats how i view it lol)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
LOL !! ahhh...mistah mumford you cracked me up with that !! :D that was indeed short lived:p

:)ok, well, as least your iphone is all cozy, safe & warm in its little defender case:)
(i know sounds crazy, but thats how i view it lol)

Hahaha

At this point, knowing how careful I am, it's more for the feel than the protection. Glad I gave my first Defender to my brother in law because the feel of the redesign is much better.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha

At this point, knowing how careful I am, it's more for the feel than the protection. Glad I gave my first Defender to my brother in law because the feel of the redesign is much better.

:)ditto on the feel of it, but in my case(no pun intended lol) also for the protection for those just in case times !! but i'm also extremely careful with my 4S as well, knock on wood--no mishaps here !!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
This is my current setup...

Black Apple Bumper, Black Teksure Carbon rear skin and Verizon cover friendly display protector

I like it. The rubber on the bumper improves grip. Just a nice combo in my opinion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2